• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Grips of Choice

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Never could seem to have good luck with Golf Pride. Have used Lamkin for the past umpteen years. Personal pick is the Lamkin Crossline. But, I have never spent the money on the upper end, exotic material grips.

I usually just buy grips as I need them from the local golf shop of from Dick's. Not too long ago, I did place an order directly with Lamkin for some they had on special. When I received the order, along with the grips were a couple bags of tees and an handwritten thank you note. That personal service went a long ways to convince me that I would remain a Lamkin customer.

Sorry! Did not answer your question about the Golf Pride you linked to.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Old fashioned me - Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G in midsize. My fav.

s-l1600.jpg

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Golf Pride CP2 and CP2 Pro, both midsize.. If I can't get those, Tour Velvet mids with two extra wraps down low to take out some of the taper.

CP2 Pro and Wrap.jpg

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I've turned into a grip monster now that I have easy options to change. So to help me single out the best options on what you've tried, use etc etc. Thanks.

I'm kind of interested in this one.

Golf Pride MCC PLUS4 Standard Grip

Favorite so far is the GolfPride Z-grip cord.
Got this MCC Plus-4 on my driver, a Winn Dri-Tac on my 3-wood and a Z-grip cord on my hybrid. All turned out great using solvent. The special air gun hasn't come yet. So many grips to try, so little time.

After I play these awhile, if I don't like one or two I'm going to try this one.

Lamkin Z5 Tour Taper Standard Grip

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Got this MCC Plus-4 on my driver, a Winn Dri-Tac on my 3-wood and a Z-grip cord on my hybrid. All turned out great using solvent. The special air gun hasn't come yet. So many grips to try, so little time.

After I play these awhile, if I don't like one or two I'm going to try this one.

Lamkin Z5 Tour Taper Standard Grip

That one looks interesting.

I like the Dri-Tac because the humidity down here in the summer is aggressive and they help me keep a grip on the club.

Used to game the Golf Pride MCC and they would get slick.

The No. 1 grips got slick as well.

Winn Dri-Tac FTW!!!

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
That one looks interesting.

I like the Dri-Tac because the humidity down here in the summer is aggressive and they help me keep a grip on the club.

Used to game the Golf Pride MCC and they would get slick.

The No. 1 grips got slick as well.

Winn Dri-Tac FTW!!!

I've got the Dri-Tac on my 3-wood. It does feel good (tacky). The GP MCC +4 feels really good on my driver. I'm sold on the "less taper" deal so before I put on the Z grip cord and Dri-Tac I put an extra wrap of tape on the bottom half of the grip. When any of these wear out (mid-summer?) or I don't like them before that I'll try the Lamkin Z5. This is FUN! :)

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I've got the Dri-Tac on my 3-wood. It does feel good (tacky). The GP MCC +4 feels really good on my driver. I'm sold on the "less taper" deal so before I put on the Z grip cord and Dri-Tac I put an extra wrap of tape on the bottom half of the grip. When any of these wear out (mid-summer?) or I don't like them before that I'll try the Lamkin Z5. This is FUN! :)
I'm too neurotic to have mismatching grips.

head33.gif

🔥 Latest posts

Members online