• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Grips

BentGrass

In the Lumbar Yard
Jul 3, 2005
I was thinking of regripping my clubs and I'm looking for suggestions as to what type of grip to use. I've never done it before except for a putter and 7 iron I cut down and gripped for my son. It seemed pretty easy.

Anyway, currently I use those black grips with the green lines and those silly arrows to help you line up your shot. They seem fine, but if there is any better choices out there, I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Grips are pretty personal. What works for one is hated by another.

Regripping is very, very easy. I regrip my clubs at least once a year, if not two. Good grips play a big roll in better shotmaking and feel.

I use Golf Pride Tour Velvet with a rib reminder. They're easy on the eyes, long lasting and the rib reminder helps me align my hands better. (The rib reminder is a single rib that runs the length of the grip on the backside. It fits into your fingers as the bending of your knuckles creates a "V" on the backside of the grip.)They have the visual alignment marks as well, so all your bases are covered.

And, at 1.85 per grip, you can't lose.

Get some tape, solvent and grips from Golfsmith and go to town. Pretty soon all your buddies will have you doing theirs. Trust me! :D

R35

Playdead

Jun 30, 2005
Yep definitely a personal choice.

For my clubs I don't care for spiral wrap grips at all. A soft corded grip I like but only on my wedges. I use Winn Arrows on my woods, and my irons have the Ping/Golf Pride grip. The putter is a Ping with the blue Winn/Ping grip that I love. A good unintended sife effect to me is the different grips correspond to slightly different stance to address the ball. Sort of a subconscious thing maybe ;)

OP
BentGrass

BentGrass

In the Lumbar Yard
Jul 3, 2005
Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll go to the shop and squeeze a few.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
warbirdlover said:
I just had a friend re-grip my irons with Golfpride tour velvet cord. So far I like them.

These are good grips too.

If you play in humid areas, it's good to have a half cord or full cord grip for extra grab. The downside is they eat gloves for breakfast.....at least in my experience.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.