• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hank Haney Sues PGA Tour: Claims Tour Role in His Firing From Radio Show and Ongoing...

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
Embed from Getty Images

AS BOB HARIG REPORTED AT ESPN.COM, Hank Haney, the former golf coach for Tiger Woods, has filed a lawsuit against the PGA Tour in U.S. district court.

The suit claims the PGA Tour "improperly intimidated, enticed and threatened SiriusXM Radio to suspend and ultimately terminate" Haney from his golf show that aired on SiriusXM. The lawsuit also says the tour "wanted to settle an old score relating to professional golfer Tiger Woods."

Haney was suspended from his show in May for "insensitive comments about women's golf," Harig noted. Namely, comments about the LPGA Tour and who would win the U.S. Women's Open.

About Haney's suspension, Woods said at the time, "He deserved it. Just can't look at life like that."

Haney was later fired.

Haney's lawsuit also says the PGA Tour has "long attempted to disrupt and interfere in Haney's business" after Haney published his Tiger tell-all book, The Big Miss, in 2012.

The PGA Tour declined to comment.

Source: Hank Haney Sues PGA Tour: Claims Tour Role in His Firing From Radio Show and Ongoing Attempts to Disrupt His Business Interests

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
At the time I thought he was dealt with harshly. The prediction he made in the end was spot on. Just typical hysteria whipped up in the PC media. Some people can’t form a sentence unless it contains words ending in “phobe ” or “gynist.”

Footnote: my comments are nothing to do with the right and wrongs of his tell all about Woods.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.