• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Has this happened to anyone else? UPS Shipping

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
I bought a hybrid off WRX a week ago. The guy shipped it out, everything was good and on time. I was tracking it online, noticed something weird, so I called UPS. UPS said their online tracking was wrong, that my package has been in the warehouse since May 14th, and that Canada Customs is doing an inspection. Is there any reason for this?

I've had 2 other things shipped from North Eastern U.S. recently and they were all good and on time.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I've had stuff shipped to me by LyleG UPS from Canada and it takes forever. Then when it comes it will be nearly destroyed. R35 shipped the last thing (my putter) FedEx and it was faster and in good shape. So UPS sucks IMHO and FedEx is okay. USPS is in the UPS category or worse. :(

I'm sure it works the same going in the other direction. :)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
They could be re-evaluating it for duty/brokerage. Sometimes this happens if the value of the article doesn't match up with the item listed. Like, a Callaway driver with a value of $40.

Especially with UPS. Those guys are a cartel.

R35

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
I once shipped a shaft to Canada. Thought everything was ok until UPS online tracking showed it marked as "exception". I called UPS and they said the package was returned to staples.

I went to staples, where I had shipped it from about a week later asking if UPS had returned the package. The salesperson says they remember UPS dropping off a package that was completely mangled, whatever was inside was broken. They had no idea what happened to it.

OP
K

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
I actually had a bunch of iron shafts and grips shipped to me through UPS and took about a week. Shipped on Monday in on Friday. It wasn't my choice so I had to take my chances.

ajp76054

May 18, 2009
what is sounds like is that ups has some issues with their services being use for the wrong thing which would make the a target for customs searches.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
what is sounds like is that ups has some issues with their services being use for the wrong thing which would make the a target for customs searches.

Another wrong thing is putting links into either your signature or linking to something by means of promotion.

I will be removing this from this post, I expect you to remove it from your signature.

I'm giving you 10 minutes or you're in the bunker. :killersmiley:

R35

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I have gotten clubs from both Rock & Lyle with no issues at all, both parcels arrived in perfect condition.

OP
K

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
That wasn't my issue, I've sent to and received packages from the USA many times before. I just wasn't sure why they would be doing an inspection on it.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Inspections are random. Some get checked some dont. I have 4-5 that had opened by customs stickers on them.

tacks451

May 17, 2009
Hi I used fed ex, and this only happened once, i shipped a parcel from canada to canada nad fed ex held it up saying it was going to the USA then i called them and they shiped it next day to the buyer in canada!!!! duhhhhhhh
never had any troubles shipping international customs randomly inspects items

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I don't use UPS anymore. After that fiasco when they snapped a shaft clean into 2 pieces and cut the box clean in half, I started shipping USPS. I haven't shipped to Cananda though, my wife tells me its a huge PITA but I don't know. She dealt with LARGE shipments, I can't imagine its to tough shipping a golf club.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
USPS is in the UPS category or worse. :(
Could not disagree more from an international standpoint WBL. USPS have been exceptional in there pricing and delivery times and conditions. Never had a bent package from USPS and I've received quite a few. Pricing is great, a driver to AUS is about $30-40 if they allow you to send it. UPS, DHL, and FedEx are all $60+ and will not be any quicker.

I always go USPS IF they allow the package (some will ignore the 42'' restriction, some will not).

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
USPS is in the UPS category or worse. :(

I'm sure it works the same going in the other direction. :)

I will disagree and agree on this. I agree, from Canada to the US, it's brutal. I blame USPS. However, from the states to Canada, it's sweet. Very fast and never an issue. No bloody brokerage either.

I have gotten clubs from both Rock & Lyle with no issues at all, both parcels arrived in perfect condition.

Fedex, dog. :canadafla

R35

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Could not disagree more from an international standpoint WBL. USPS have been exceptional in there pricing and delivery times and conditions. Never had a bent package from USPS and I've received quite a few. Pricing is great, a driver to AUS is about $30-40 if they allow you to send it. UPS, DHL, and FedEx are all $60+ and will not be any quicker.

I always go USPS IF they allow the package (some will ignore the 42'' restriction, some will not).

Agree totally, I have sold a lot of stuff on ebay, everything from clubs to motorcycle helmets & they have all been shipped via USPS. I have shipped to Canada, England, Norway, Italy, Japan, etc & have not had any issues at all.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.