• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Having heart valve repair surgery.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Hag in there Greg, I'm sure these 1st few days are going to be pretty tough. But hopefully it will get a little easier every day and soon enough it will all be a distant memory.

I gave up on the tylenol & went back to the percocets, took about 30-45 minutes to kick in & as soon as they did I started sweating big time. That's ok I can deal with the sweating so long as i'm not in pain.

Now I just want to stop taking this amiodarone & start sleeping more than 45 minutes at a time.

Setup my Boomerang putting deal tonight & am going to mess around with that for a while in the morning. Want to see how the putting motion feels.

It's been taking me forever to post stuff too because I keep having to go back & correct mispelled words. Very hard to focus on the task.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Welcome back. Very happy to see that all went well.

I read up on Amiodarone. Pretty intense stuff.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I gave up on the tylenol & went back to the percocets, took about 30-45 minutes to kick in & as soon as they did I started sweating big time. That's ok I can deal with the sweating so long as i'm not in pain.

Now I just want to stop taking this amiodarone & start sleeping more than 45 minutes at a time.

Setup my Boomerang putting deal tonight & am going to mess around with that for a while in the morning. Want to see how the putting motion feels.

It's been taking me forever to post stuff too because I keep having to go back & correct mispelled words. Very hard to focus on the task.

Just don't overdo it on the boomerang. Don't push yourself. I know how bored you probably are. When I had my shoulder surgery I was ready to take off running down the street in no time from sheer boredom. But the last thing you want to do is pull something loose or apart, ouch!

And I hear you on the sleeping 45 minutes, I've seen you on at some odd times since you've been home, ;)

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Just don't overdo it on the boomerang. Don't push yourself. I know how bored you probably are. When I had my shoulder surgery I was ready to take off running down the street in no time from sheer boredom. But the last thing you want to do is pull something loose or apart, ouch!

And I hear you on the sleeping 45 minutes, I've seen you on at some odd times since you've been home, ;)

Not going to overdo it at all. Boredom is from the shear lack of anything on TV during the daytime. Just brought my PS2 up & hooked it up. Will play some Hot Shots golf as well as Tiger Woods & a few of my racing games. Haven't played any of those since last winter so it should keep me from getting too bored.

yep, never know what time I will be on, midnight, 3:00 am, etc.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Not going to overdo it at all. Boredom is from the shear lack of anything on TV during the daytime. Just brought my PS2 up & hooked it up. Will play some Hot Shots golf as well as Tiger Woods & a few of my racing games. Haven't played any of those since last winter so it should keep me from getting too bored.

No doubt, I had some oral surgery done recently, (waits for it),:laugh:

By no means not even 1/1000th as bad as yours mind you, but I've had some trouble sleeping and been on at some weird times too and saw you on.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008

Ya know Wi, there are these things called books... :thumbs up:

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
You mean the ones with all the pictures of nekked babes? Aren't those called magazines? :thumbs up:

Nekked babes? Like this?

ai229.photobucket.com_albums_ee297_MrsPatetta_AnneGeddes2.jpg

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Ya know Wi, there are these things called books... :thumbs up:

My company president gave me Grishams "The Appeal" but there are 2 things stopping me from reading it. I find it boring & 2 is complete lack of concentration & focus & by that I mean actual focus. I have tried to read the new issues of Golf & Golf Digest as well as numerous motorcycle mags which came in the mail. After about 10 minutes the words all start to get a bit blurry, I can actually feel my head feel as though it wants to spin & then I get very dizzy.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
My company president gave me Grishams "The Appeal" but there are 2 things stopping me from reading it. I find it boring & 2 is complete lack of concentration & focus & by that I mean actual focus. I have tried to read the new issues of Golf & Golf Digest as well as numerous motorcycle mags which came in the mail. After about 10 minutes the words all start to get a bit blurry, I can actually feel my head feel as though it wants to spin & then I get very dizzy.

After I broke my collar bone and that whole accident I went through the same thing. Body and mind are doing so many things to fix and work on itself that it seems that focus itself is hard to come by.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008

Oh, I know. That's when you bring out the super easy crossword puzzles and such. Something other than screens, just every so often. 'Kay?

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Oh, I know. That's when you bring out the super easy crossword puzzles and such. Something other than screens, just every so often. 'Kay?

I understand completely & that's why I have limited my time on the net drastically. I will get up & play around for an hr or so. Then I need to get because I start to get sore, need to do my breathing & coughing exercises, etc. Then it's back to bed for another nap. Covered the bedroom windows with some heavy blankets & it's made it a lot easier to sleep while the sun attempts to shine thru.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I did play around with both putters today, the mallet felt fine whereas the blade is cut about 1" less & that one bothered my back to bend over. I didn't miss a single shot from 10' away into the Boomerang & several times got both balls to stay just as you are supposed to.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.