• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello from a concrete jungle.

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
United States United States
Hi everyone! My name is David. Im new here... Im 21 years old, living in the Los Angeles area (luckily not stuck in the city, Im in a smaller city outside of it..)

Im just looking to get back into golfing. I began golfing when I was 6 or 7.. played as much as I could from then (also played for my high school team), then after high school.. life got busy and sadly my golf game slipped out.

Now I want to get back into it. :)

Anyway, I just wanted to find a good forum to talk with some people while Im not on the course... (I work on computers, and have computers in my night college classes - so Ill probably be on here quite often.)

:D

**EDIT** I asked my dad when he started me on golf (since I have a TERRIBLE memory) and he said I was swinging by my 3rd birthday :eek:

OP
BoarderDave

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
token_hottie said:
welcome! this is a great forum and you will love it here :)

th
Hey, THANKS :)

So far, Ive read some fun stuff.. seems like a good community here..

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Welcome
I had no idea what you meant when you said concrete jungle, i couldnt work out how the tree's would grow once they were covered in concrete.

OP
BoarderDave

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
Adam Pettman said:
Welcome
I had no idea what you meant when you said concrete jungle, i couldnt work out how the tree's would grow once they were covered in concrete.
hehe, sorry. Figure of speech; busy city. :D

Thanks for the welcome. :)

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Concrete Jungle goes back atleast the late sixties.
There was life before the 80's....Warbirdlover for instance.:p

OP
BoarderDave

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
Re-introducing myself.. I'm now 28 (wow.. I just re-read my thread here and man, time flies!). Still living in the south bay area outside of Los Angeles.
Starting to swing my clubs more and more again and now getting the itch to really put in the time to get my game back in order.
Played my first round of 18 holes last weekend out in Palm Springs and shot bogey golf (90). Not happy with that - hah. I need to get back to my low to mid 80's (hopefully better.. hah).
Glad to be back on the forum again. This place sure has changed.. Hopefully still some of the original folks are still around.

OP
BoarderDave

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
Thanks! Diggin all the advancements of this forum since last time I was here. It's definitely a much more technical forum now. I really like the features of it.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Thanks! Diggin all the advancements of this forum since last time I was here. It's definitely a much more technical forum now. I really like the features of it.
Welcome back! "Advancements"?? "Much more technical"?? Most of us on here can't even spell teknickal!!! There's a couple of young flat-bellies who understand all this new-fangled computer stuff. Heck! If you're only 28... you is one of 'em!! Join in. Just give us old geezers the respect we deserve!! (Probably NONE!)

🔥 Latest posts