• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello from Central Virginia

VA Park Ranger

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2014
Green Bay Virginia
Country
United States United States
Hi, Phil here from Green Bay, Va. Haveing spent some time on another forum, thought I'd try this one out as well. I played golf almost every day from the ages of about 11 to 18. Played on my HS team, and a little in college. Got married, quit since my wife was not fond of the activity. Got divorced, got married again, had a child, got divorced again, raised my daughter on my own, and did not play for about 20 years between college and last summer.

I was in Dicks waiting for my lovely ex to drop off my daughter, and was wandering around in the golf section. I picked up a bag of wiffel balls, dug my 1982 Power Bilt Citation blades out of the basement, and the addiction was renewed like an ex smoker taking his first puff after a year off of the sticks.

About 6 months later, and around 1200 dollars less, I'm fully infected with the sickness of golf. My daughter is getting older, and does not want much to do with me any more, so golf is how I spend my time. I love golf, and wonder why I gave it up. Im not so good at present, but things are starting to click, and I am looking forward to a better spring and summer. I play every chance I get, including yesterday in the mid 30s.

Looking forward to connecting with some fellow hackers. If anyone is around Farmville, PM, and we can get together for a round.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Welcome!

I have family in Williamsburg, is that close?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Welcome!! Hint: You'd had more money and less aggravation if you'd stuck with the wiffle balls and PowerBilts!!:D

Tennessee

Jan 31, 2014
Cleveland, TN
Country
Welcome to the game no one conquers! That being said, now you have an excuse to go out and enjoy the great outdoors, when we finally get out of this awful winter. Welcome!

🔥 Latest posts