• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Henrik Stenson Pulls Off Deutsche Bank Job

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
HENRIK STENSON SHOT A 66 ON LABOR DAY to win the Deutsche Bank Championship by two strokes over runner-up Steve Stricker. Stenson's 22-under total (67, 63, 66, 66) tied the tournament record. Fifty-four-hole leader Sergio Garcia faltered on Monday and finished T4 after carding a 73.

On August 23rd I said (on Facebook) about Stenson: "This guy is due to win." Nothing brilliant about that. Stenson has been tearing it up since the U.S. Open in June. Here are his finishes in his last six starts:

T21 - U.S. Open
2 - The Open Championship
T2 - WGC-Bridgestone Invitational
3 - PGA Championship
T43 - The Barclays
1 - Deutsche Bank Championship

The breakthrough finally came on a soggy, overcast day at TPC Boston.

"Today was my turn," Stenson said about his first PGA Tour win in four years. The victory boosted the Swede to No. 6 in the Official World Golf Ranking.

More importantly, Stenson is now the leader in the FedEx Cup race with two events remaining, this week's BMW Championship and the Tour Championship at East Lake in Atlanta. The lead is slim, though. Tiger Woods trails by only 14 points. Adam Scott, Matt Kuchar and Graham DeLaet round out the top five.

"I've always been a pretty good front runner," Stenson said.

"I always liked to think that the other guy is going to have to play better than I do. I'm just going to continue to try to play my best, and that's gotten me a very long way."

Source: Henrik Stenson Pulls Off Deutsche Bank Job

🔥 Latest posts

Members online