• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Here's the Testimonial on the TVC Driver

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Um... Isn't Callaway's hyperbolic face just a different version of VFT? Thick in the middle and thinner in the surrounding material?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Um... Isn't Callaway's hyperbolic face just a different version of VFT? Thick in the middle and thinner in the surrounding material?

Pretty much arguing semantics. Same damn thing just another company using different terms just because they can. No such thing as a magical driver that's going to consistently be 10+ yds longer than the best from say TM, Ping, etc. Only way is if they are illegal like I have read that a lot of drivers used in LDR contests are.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Well I have one and I think I'll give it a try on Sunday......I'll let you know.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
+1 on the great thread. This is exactly the stuff that I love about golf. I also love a good discussion that brings so many good points to the table. Looking forward to the review. Rory, I will say that I am impressed at the very least with what you are trying to do. Produce a better golf club.
I opened my business because I saw a need to deliver a better product to this area. Some, I have found, will always disagree with me. But I feel that as long as I'm working toward something better, even mistakes along the way are pushing us toward our goal of a better product. Good for you.

Magnito

Apr 30, 2008
Personally I feel (especially in the current oem market) tech is somewhat overrated... but if it sounds good, looks good, then it "is" good.

I can appreciate what TS has done with this head.

I just received my TVC "fang" yesterday and its a great looking head in person. Shafted it up to a Solution (ion chrome) last night and this combo looks bleeping awsome!

Will post some pics later and hopefully get to the range this weekend... look for a review.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Ok, this club has one range session under its belt.

My initial impression, nice looking but the head cover is horrible (zipper).
10 to 15 yards longer? not for me.

In fact it was identical in every way to my 9° DCT with the BB solutions shaft as far as ball flight is concerned.

Using the back fence on the range as a gauge I could roll them up to the fence with the DCT, in theory, I should have been able to make contact with it using a club 10 yards longer.

There is nothing wrong with the club at all. It looks good, it feels good but it is not a magic bullet.

I will have to game it and report back.

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Ok, this club has one range session under its belt.

My initial impression, nice looking but the head cover is horrible (zipper).
10 to 15 yards longer? not for me.

In fact it was identical in every way to my 9° DCT with the BB solutions shaft as far as ball flight is concerned.

Using the back fence on the range as a gauge I could roll them up to the fence with the DCT, in theory, I should have been able to make contact with it using a club 10 yards longer.

There is nothing wrong with the club at all. It looks good, it feels good but it is not a magic bullet.

I will have to game it and report back.

A few things....

First off, don't forget Bob that the Zipper headcover is a temporary...it was you guys here in ShotTalk that said ya wanted a tour sock style cover....as I mentioned before, those covers will not be here till April 1st and everyone will get one as soon as they arrive..but instead of leaving your heads naked, we supplied the "Zips" as an interim.

Now as Bobs initial results go, lets bear in mind a few things here..

1) The material used in this head is the best available...regardless of price...that cannot be argued.

2) The testing in MB was done with $26,000 Velocity Launch monitors in a controlled environment where actual club speed and ball speed numbers were registered.

3) All 90 something test hitters were in mid season form, and again, every aspect of their swing was measured and analyzed to assure accuracy.

Enough that a strictly OEM chain admitted this head kicked the ass of every manufacturer in stock and placed an order with TourSwing.

Bob's test was a single experiment done without computers, in March in CT using a fence as a basis......

4) This week at the Milwaukee Golf show, same testing was done...t.his time asking people to bring their on drivers in or a driver from any of the mfg's at the show....over 240 in depth launch monitor testing was done, and for everyone who had a moderate sembelance of a normal swing, the TVC whooped ass.

One guy had just bought a (so he said) $1000 Wishon (musta been a hell of a shaft on it...LOL) and was pissed that the TVC went 20 yards furthur.

Now, as much as I trust and believe in Bob, bear in mind the following:

1) A single range report, by one guy, done in CT in March based on "The Fence)" vs. computer generated, indepth testing by 90 people in mid-season form.
2) We "guestimated" what to assemble for Bob based on his info.

Bob, should ya like, please send in the Geek driver and we will match it in terms of length, SW, flex...etc....THEN lets see what happens.

I KNOW it would be impossible to get Bob here to test him....evaluate his swing speed, tempo, angle of impact, etc....to assure all variables, aside from head and shaft are removed.

But, if there are any doubters who don't mind driving to Milwaukee anytime soon, TIm has invited ANY ShotTalker for a free club fitting an analysis to compare what they have, or can get against the TVC...at the same time Tim will give a complete fitting....normally a $75 charge...free for any ShotTalker!

Lastly guys......

I apologize if I seemed to have pushed this head on everyone...if I came across that way, I didn't mean to...

I have been around for (sadly) longer than I care to mention...and have seen the creation of many famous and infamous heads from many manufacturers.... from the ground up.....I know what has gone gone into this....and I honestly don't recall a head I was this thrilled about.

I guess I let my excoitement run over.

Enough that I asked Tim to hold off on everything till I got the feedback from you guys.

Had I not done that, it would have been called the Pentagon, had a big blue sole plate, that crappy zipper cover Bob bellyached about (LOL), non black face and sole....and loud obnoxious sole graphics.

As a dealer, heck, I'd rather ya all buy Geek, Infiniti, SMT's..etc from me...lord knows that since their expenses are lower, and cost is lower to me, my profits are higher and life would be good for all!

Maybe I goofed.....but regardless, I appreciate your time and all your input.

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
We are not gonna be in GB....any chance ya can come down to MW???

Magnito

Apr 30, 2008
OK so here is my initial range session review.

I got the "fang" version TVC shafted to a BB Solution and I have to say this combo looks WICKED! The black chrome shaft matches perfectly to the black chrome of the head! I took some pictures... it didn't come out too good because it was overcast but its a great looking combo!

The head itself looks great in person... hard to see the beauty of the black chrome in pictures.

This shaft wasn't what I had intended for the TVC but had to do it becuase it looked so good! Since i've been grooving a smoother swing i've been moving away from stiffer tips and going in a lighter and softer tip direction.

So I had a quick range session again the shaft didn't suit me to well, but plan to re-shaft later this week and take it out on the course this weekend.
Looks: Looks great at address, smoke ti looks great!
Feel: Feels nice, med soft and solid at the same time.
Sound: Nice sound, not too high pitched and not overly loud but louder than my DCT.
Distance: I couldn't really judge distance (night time range session), seemed on par with my DCT.
Overall it was an enjoyable club to hit and seemed to be very consistent in trajectory and yardage. I'll take it out on the course this weekend and post another review.

I got this head because of the face material and the design of the head... not because I believed it to be the holy grail. In my opinion the holy grail is between the ears... if you believe it is, then it is! Could this be my holy grail? Maybe with the right shaft it could be... to be continued.

Pics don't do it justice, looks better in person.
tvc_pics.jpg

🔥 Latest posts

Members online