• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hey Dave, HX Blues for 05 now up on GS...

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I emailed Golf Galaxy about letting me buy some of theirs for 19.99 and getting them shipped to the US....I wonder what they'll say because that's a pretty killer price and I'm down with getting in on it. Get 4 boxes and it'll come with free shipping.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
"Free" UPS shipping. So, you save the 12 bucks it costs to ship, but you still end up paying duty and the brokerage fees.

So, your 20USD "deal" turns out to be about regular price after you include conversion, taxes, duty and brokerage.

Thanks, i'll pay the 34 bucks i can get them for here without that hassle. I can't stand dealing with UPS, they totally hose you.

R35

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
No, no shipping. I go down to Pt. Roberts, pick them up, no duties or brokerage at that point because I'm in the US still, and throw them in my bag after my round and come back over and declare them and pay 7% tax on them.

I've known people who forget to declare such things though. That's wrong though.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Sweet. Stickin it to the man.

If I wasn't stocked, I would have helped out with the order.

Perhaps if I go nust this summer and deplete my stock, or Dave starts some insane rumour again and causes me to buy out the city, only to find out they're still making them.

That rat bastard.....

;)

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
Perhaps if I go nust this summer and deplete my stock, or Dave starts some insane rumour again and causes me to buy out the city, only to find out they're still making them.

That rat bastard.....

;)

R35

HeHeHe :p

At least they didn't raise the price on the new ones. With the hassle you have getting stuff up there without paying the duties, you could probably pay for the trip in Nov. by bringing stuff back to people. You know....RockVo.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Hey, I never thought of that.

"HX Blue Mule".

I like the sound of that.

Uh, i don't have to bring them back, uh....."up there", do I? :wow:

R35

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
And the reply...

"In response to your e-mail, currently Golf Galaxy does not ship and/or bill outside of the United States and Puerto Rico. If you have a United States or Puerto Rico shipping address and credit card, please feel free to contact us to process your order. We are unable to ship if you credit card is billied in Canada."

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Typical.

I love this "free trade" we have going. You'd think they would have looked into this before signing the "agreement".

"Hey, how about we get stuff from you and it costs us nothing, and when we send stuff to you, you charge extra?"

"Sure, that sounds fair. Where do we sign?"

Idiots.

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
Typical.

I love this "free trade" we have going. You'd think they would have looked into this before signing the "agreement".

"Hey, how about we get stuff from you and it costs us nothing, and when we send stuff to you, you charge extra?"

"Sure, that sounds fair. Where do we sign?"

Idiots.

R35

I'm always thinking our govt. officials are a bunch of dumbasses so it's kinda nice to know we're not alone.

One way free trade? Brilliant.

🔥 Latest posts