• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hi From South Africa

OP
al_vorster

al_vorster

"that's a gimme"
Mar 27, 2015
South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
Welcome to the circus Al! Old school rules! There's a few guys here still gaming some older PING irons. :)
Yea, my golf dream is: Plus fours, leather carry bag, lots of wind and driving to a famous links in a convertible 1960-something SL Merc.

OP
al_vorster

al_vorster

"that's a gimme"
Mar 27, 2015
South Africa
Country
I love the i3 blades and frankly can't see a reason to change. The only thing that almost swayed me was hearing Hogans were reborn....and then I saw them and the price tag. Sticking to my i3's.
Yep, if I see clubs I really like (and too pricey), I remind myself that "it's not the arrow, it's the archer".

OP
al_vorster

al_vorster

"that's a gimme"
Mar 27, 2015
South Africa
Country
Welcome! We had a new pro hired last year. He's been a disaster. If you want to apply for a pro job in Kansas, I'll see if I can pay someone to break his knees so there's an opening!!
Ha, yea, where do I upload my CV? Hope he's not on this forum ;)

OP
al_vorster

al_vorster

"that's a gimme"
Mar 27, 2015
South Africa
Country
weclome al_vorster - where in SA are you and at what club you pro....? based in sunny, windy Cape Town!
Hi. Based in Pretoria. Golf Director of Rovos Rail. I'm playing at Irene Cc. Love CT courses. All of them.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
Hi. Based in Pretoria. Golf Director of Rovos Rail. I'm playing at Irene Cc. Love CT courses. All of them.

awesome!! will make sure to contact you when I'm up there to play some golf again!!

do yourself a favour when you down in CT again, go play Malmesbury Golf Course!! only 9 hole, but superb course for the platteland with great fairways!!

off course also the best bacon, egg & cheese burger as well!!:D

OP
al_vorster

al_vorster

"that's a gimme"
Mar 27, 2015
South Africa
Country
awesome!! will make sure to contact you when I'm up there to play some golf again!!

do yourself a favour when you down in CT again, go play Malmesbury Golf Course!! only 9 hole, but superb course for the platteland with great fairways!!

off course also the best bacon, egg & cheese burger as well!!:D
We have a few gems of 9-hole courses here in SA. Will check it out for sure. Beautiful area as well. Any chance you have Waterblommetjie Bredie for lunch? Also super happy with the burger of course.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
We have a few gems of 9-hole courses here in SA. Will check it out for sure. Beautiful area as well. Any chance you have Waterblommetjie Bredie for lunch? Also super happy with the burger of course.

sorry, don't do the waterblommetjie bredie....but, I'm sure there will be a place in the platteland that has that on their menue.....

Wellington is another nice little 9 hole course, Darling is starting to get to nice. well kept gem of a 9 hole course, Riviersonderend! was pleasantly surprised with the course and the layout!

🔥 Latest posts