• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

hitting golf ball cleanly

sean 27

Jan 18, 2009
hi there everyone ive got a problem at the mo hitting a golf ball cleanly.im takeing to much divot every time.sometimes i hit a perfect shot i play off 25 handicap can anyone tell me where im going wrong

thanks
sean

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Well, as we can't see your swing, nobody can tell you exactly what you're doing wrong. One thing I will tell you, though, is that you have to hit the ball before you hit the ground.

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
Well, as we can't see your swing, nobody can tell you exactly what you're doing wrong. One thing I will tell you, though, is that you have to hit the ball before you hit the ground.

I agree! Just let the ball get in the way of the divot.

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
The easiest way I have found to make sure that you hit the ball first is to shift your focus during your swing. I actually focus on a blade of grass in front of the golf ball rather than the normally prescribed behind the golf ball. It may take you a little while to get used to it with a few skulls before you get used to it, but I bet this could take care of your problem.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I'd put my $$ on a cast move and getting too steep, without seeing it of course. My advice would be to work on fundamentals and ideally get a lesson or two to have a PGA pro go over those fundamentals with you. IMO, a good instructor should have you hitting the ball a lot better and leave you with a better understanding as well as "road map" for your golf swing in just a couple half hour lessons.

I'm going to look around and see if I can find some good videos, maybe on youtube, explaining fundamentals. Hogan's "5 lessons" is good but I found it a bit overwhelming when I was beginning.

This is not exactly fundamentals but I felt a good, simple,striking video. I'm going to try the drill at the end myself.

YouTube - Top 25 Golf Pro Lesson Contact and Spin

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Have you had a lesson?

Best answer many of us can give you.

Members online

No members online now.