• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hmmm..Callaway fusion clones???

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
The general consensus is that they could be great and they will be worthless if you try to resell them.

Personally, I tend to be less kind. ;)
Clones are crap. Blatant rip offs.

Ok, back on message, Have you considered a used set of the real deal?

OP
BlakeDgreat

BlakeDgreat

My title doesn't fit here
Jul 19, 2006
I really wish I clould consider a used set of the callaway fusion, but I just don't have the money right now for the used sets.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Well then I'd wait if I were you.
Chances are excellent that the clones will stink.
Save the money you'd spend on the clones and mow some lawns or something to get the rest. :)

pdlnole

Seminole Pride!
Apr 23, 2006
I bought my wife a set of X-18 clones from Pinemeadow, and I have to say they are pretty well made clubs and have performed very well so far.

Of course you can tell the difference between them and my Taylormade RACs, but for the price, I think they are fine. We paid $150 shipped with Adila graphite shafts 3-9, PW and SW.

I would say this. If you play a lot, and plan on playing much more and improving, wait and buy name brand. If it's just a hobby you enjoy 8-10 times a year, knock offs are fine.

If you are a 5 handicap, of course you want the real clubs, if your a 20, I'm not sure it makes much of a difference, plus by the time you get to be a fairly good player, there will be a "new" set that everyone has to have:)

There isn'y anything wrong with playing knock offs if that is all you can afford, and I'm not so sure that todays knock offs are much worse in quality that a 5-6 year old set of name brand clubs.

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
BOOOOOO!!! shitty knockoff clubs.

HOOOORAAAAY!!! BEER!!

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v513_rosmo_redstripe.jpg

smitty

Jul 6, 2006
I'd be even more suspicious or careful about a clone of a club like the Callaway fusion, which represents farily new technology and some unique design elements, as opposed to a clone of a basic cavity back club. I suspect the decrease in performance if any from the latter would be less noticable than in the case of the former. Also, I would think that the quality of construction would be more of an issue in a fused design clone (see the Callaway website for the design of the fusion irons).

Highfly

Jul 6, 2006
If possible its always nice to own real thing. :)

I once bought a Callaway Fusion Driver only to find out later it was a knock off. One of my friends gladly purchased the club. He consistently hits 300 metres with the club and couldnt be happier. I remember seeing a special where they tested the knockoffs vs the real Mcoys and the difference was negligible.

AccuFLEX

Aug 8, 2006
Here's a copy to another post I made, hopefully it wil lget the ole noggin thinking, and you will get a set of irons that you will enjoy

All the best to you and your search....See below

It depends on whom you purchase from, there is alot of "crap" out there as others have eluded too.

Most Experienced Clubmakers offer Name Brand Components that are higher priced, but you will see them with "factory approved" clones, my bet are these clubs have been thoroughly inspected to be of quality, or a experienced clubmaker/fitter would not put their reputation on the line.

Check your new sponsor
www.customgolfsales.com They are a customer of mine, and they have some nice stuff.

Or do a search online, and look for those clubamkers that carry the "premium" components like Bang, Infiniti, Alpha, Wishon and others....
and if they carry a "clone" it most likely will be darn good!

Oct 28, 2005
I really wish I clould consider a used set of the callaway fusion, but I just don't have the money right now for the used sets.

I tend to make a distinction between clones and knock offs. For me a clone is a club that incorporates the design features of the better brands but in no way tries to pretend they are the same club. They tend to come with quality shafts and grips and are well put together. Ethically speaking you could say the manufacturer has made his clubs on the back of someone else's R&D.

Knock offs are plain crap. Notable examples are the Canterbury Big Bursar and the Tommy Mann Bomber. Nether of these clubs are made today. I found that not only were they pretty poor copies, they also are poorly put together. I saw a set of big bursars and not one grip was put on squarely throughout the set. Also when complared to my kosher big berthas the feel was completely different and the performance markedly inferior.

My personal advice would be that if you buy these clubs there could always be an element of doubt about how they would stack up against the real thing. I don't think you would ever be entirely satisfied with them.

Just my 2 cents worth. You may disagree entirely.

Good luck in your search.

🔥 Latest posts