• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Home Theater Setup

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Just a question on Home Theater Setup.

Currently have HDTV, Home Theater, DVR/Cable box. Have HDMI running from HDTV to Home Theater and HDMI running from DVR to TV. Did it this way because they are both Sony and have Bravia sync where the Receiver is controlled by the TV.

I also have Digital Optical running from HDTV to Reciever. Is this better, worse, or equal quality as the HDMI. Should I just get rid of this? .... or would it be better suited to run it from the DVR to the Reciever.

I did it the way I did because I also have a XBOX360 and Wii running through the TV. 360 Via HDMI and Wii Via Component Cable. So my thought was if there is any benefit to the Digital Optical, it would benefit all, but is the Optical cable pretty useless with HDMI already running? May also later add BlueRay.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Jay, you got a 360?

Gamertag? Got TW09?

I know nothing about optical cables though...i'm no help there, but i would be up for a round of golf sometime! I have kicked Fatc1ty's ass around the course a cuople times :D lol

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Jay, you got a 360?

Gamertag? Got TW09?

I know nothing about optical cables though...i'm no help there, but i would be up for a round of golf sometime! I have kicked Fatc1ty's ass around the course a cuople times :D lol
I don't game online, and not as much as I used too. Just have the basic XBOX Live account. I do have 09' haven't played it much, I usually opt for the shooters. Basically blast the crap out of anything that moves, you know the concept ;) :laugh:

May have also answered my own question, even though it may be something I did when I set it up. When I disconnected the Optical I did not have sound, although I may have done something in the setup initially?? Showed what it was outputting but no sound.

🔥 Latest posts