• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hooked bad

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The van shot is sweet for the top half of the shot, to my eye. Too much snow washes the rest away IMO, but if you put your hand over the bottom, the rest is choice. Nicely done.

You take alot of pics of that wooden guy, don't you. :D

14* yesterday for you guys. Snow almost gone? It's the rainy season here right now, and cold. Sucks donkey. Ranges opened last SAT tho.

T

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
The van shot is sweet for the top half of the shot, to my eye. Too much snow washes the rest away IMO, but if you put your hand over the bottom, the rest is choice. Nicely done.

You take alot of pics of that wooden guy, don't you. :D

14* yesterday for you guys. Snow almost gone? It's the rainy season here right now, and cold. Sucks donkey. Ranges opened last SAT tho.

T

14* was the forecast, it hit 17*. Suppose to be 20* today, and 16 tomorrow, then 4 on Saturday. Still a lot of snow in the shade, but anywhere the sun can get to its gone. Its just nice to be warm for a change.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Is that van what your driving these days after spending so much on camera equipment? :p

Good shot though, but Rock is right, WAY too much snow, brrrrrrrrrrr.

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Those shots look great Lyle. I really like that oversaturated contrasty look. Brings out so much more.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I just bought a new memory card for SWMBO's camera, going to take a bunch of pictures in Tn. It's a cheapo Kodak easy share, 3.1 megapixel, but it takes decent pictures.

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I really like the way this turned out, then again I do have a vested interest in the subject matter which may cloud my judgment a little. CC welcome.

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b399_biglyle2_bwmirror.jpg

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Beautiful pic, Lyle!

My biggest question: How the heck did YOU manage to create such a beautiful child? :D

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Beautiful pic, Lyle!

My biggest question: How the heck did YOU manage to create such a beautiful child? :D

Word on the street is that the little guy takes after the wife :D

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Lyle - I like you BW conversions a lot, they look like old BW film. We'll have to swap recipes :D

I just got back from FL and will post some snapshot type pics this evening. It's really hard to fight the crowd and the sun to get good pics there.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Right, I need opinions the New Canon 500D or the Nikon D90 or one of the offerings from Sony.
Alternatively let me know which of the previous lines you would recomend.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Right, I need opinions the New Canon 500D or the Nikon D90 or one of the offerings from Sony.
Alternatively let me know which of the previous lines you would recomend.

Two totally different cameras. One is a prosumer (D90) and one is an entry level small scale DSLR (500D).

Of those two choices, I'd pick the Nikon, but if you move up to Canon's 50D it would then be a toss up

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Two totally different cameras. One is a prosumer (D90) and one is an entry level small scale DSLR (500D).

Of those two choices, I'd pick the Nikon, but if you move up to Canon's 50D it would then be a toss up

Agreed. Both Nikon and Canon have cameras that are very similar within there respective lines. The Nikon / Canon debate is long going, similar to any of the golf debates like Callaway / Ping.

IIRC, Nikon lenses are more expensive.

One thing that you should definitely do is go to your local camera shop and physically hold the Nikon and Canon cameras in your hands. For me, the Nikon felt better in my hands. The Canon's just didn't feel comfortable ergonomically.

Either one you go with, you can't go wrong with either the Nikon or Canon.

I've had my Nikon D90 for about 6 months and couldn't be happier.

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Got a new lens (Sigma 10-20) and played with it a bit today. Camera is a Sony.

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b399_biglyle2_superior8.jpg

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b399_biglyle2_superior1.jpg

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b399_biglyle2_superior3.jpg

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b399_biglyle2_superior4.jpg

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Nice - I need to get me a UWA. I really like #2

PS - I hate that you are not including the exif data anymore :(

PSS - #3 looks a little oversaturated, could be my monitor tho.

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Nice - I need to get me a UWA. I really like #2

PS - I hate that you are not including the exif data anymore :(

PSS - #3 looks a little oversaturated, could be my monitor tho.

Hmmm, exif data should still be there. I havent made any changes on my end that would make it go away. These were all shot at between F11 and F16 and all at 10mm. 10mm is cool as hell, its amazing how wide it really is. Its you need to watch to make sure your feet arent in the shot wide.

In number 3, Thats the rust from the all the iron ore in the rock. Some spots along the shore are almost glowing red and purple from a combination of iron ore and the blueness from the cold water and ice. Lake temp is a balmy 39* :beach3:

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online