• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How Bout Them Jayhawks!!!!

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Sorry georgia tech fans, but my jayhawks are just too good, a great come from behind win, and without our star player simien, you have got to believe that if we can win w/o him then the championship is ours, if he's back by the time we play kentucky then they stand no chance

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
this is from my knowledge:

jayhawks refer to back in the 1800's when the border war against missouri during the civil war, hopefully, you guys should know that missouri was pro slavery, and kansas was against it, there were several bloody skurmishes and what not, those from kansas were called jayhawkers and now,

the biggest battle was when a one mr. william quantrel, and his band of boys, came in to Lawrence, kansas (where KU is located) and basically burned it to the ground and killed many of its citizens. so , a jayhawk was one of the guys from kansas that was against slavery

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
So, what were guys from Missouri called then?

I know almost nothing about US history apart from the major stuff. I get where names like "Seminoles" and "Buckeyes" come from, but what the hell is a "Volunteer"? :D

Funny story. The CFL (Canadian Football League) has 9 teams. Until two years ago, two of them were named the "Roughriders". How can a league with only 9 teams run out of names? LOL....hilarious...

Ah Canada. So stupid.

R35

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
the missourians were called bushwackers

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
wow, my boys pulled off another one, against a tough Kentucky team, at kentucky, without simien, you've got to believe this is the year

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I am an Alabama fan. We have a chance to make some noise in basketball for once this year.

We blasted a ranked Mississippi State team by 49 points last week....

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.