• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How did Eclark get a million trophy points?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
A to Z and overal and not the machines at all.. i think i showed the most dangerous thing is a macho mind that will not be moved.

The most dangerous people are the ones that can't realize that no matter what safeties they put on a weapon, it's still a dangerous weapon. They don't take responsibility for their actions and blame it on the object. It's like the people that drive too fast on bad road conditions, and blame the road. The road just sits there, like the gun, it's the user that's the ultimate safety.

Funny that none of the people(many) I've taught to handle firearms from the beginning have had any issues with negligent discharges.

If you follow the four golden rules to a T, I can guarantee you will never EVER shoot yourself.

I don't see why you think it's the guns duty not to shoot you when you point it at yourself and pull the trigger.

You can not like Glock. I'm perfectly fine with that, and have repeated that sentiment several times in this thread already. Lots of people don't like Glock. Lots of people don't like Glock because of their opinion that the Glock is unsafe. Their opinion does not equate to fact. I know the Glock inside and out, I know what it can do, and with the basic fundamental gun handling techniques I use with ALL other firearms it is 100% safe and functional without any added junk to get in the way.

I don't need 3 different external safeties to keep me safe. I take personal responsibility and keep myself safe, I always follow the four golden rules. If you can't handle that responsibility, I agree, you should look into a more safe type of pistol. Nerf is probably up your alley. :D

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Also, LOL at insinuating that I'm the dangerous one because I won't roll over and agree with a guy that has openly admitted to have little knowledge in the field we're debating.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Oh the irony...

You've never touched a Glock, yet are a firm (blind) believer through hearsay the basic design is unsafe. I've shot every weapon you've brought up (besides the cannon) extensively, and haven't knocked or attacked a single one of them. Some of them have features I don't need/want so I don't own them, it's not because they're 'unsafe'..

Want to know what the most 'unsafe' designed firearm I own is? My Winchester 1894. Not only do you HAVE to pull the trigger with a hot chamber to put the weapon on half cock, you HAVE to cycle all rounds through the chamber hot to unload the weapon. Most illogical system i've ever seen and yet, it's never shot me in the foot? How is that?

Last edited:

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I would have a bit more respect for the argument that 'glocks explode' and that's why they're not safe...

howaglockworks.gif

Edit: for those of you on the app or tapatalk, that's animated

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Nope, ya just gotta worry about getting shot by your attacker.

Even if you get the knife in first, you'll still get shot, probably multiple times.
Not inside 21 feet. That's the deadly zone where an edged weapon will contact the victim with a gun The danger from edged weapons is commonly misconceived. Its relatively easy to inflict a mortal wound by piercing vital organs with a knife. The way movies portrays knife wounds annoys me.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Not inside 21 feet. That's the deadly zone where an edged weapon will contact the victim with a gun The danger from edged weapons is commonly misconceived. Its relatively easy to inflict a mortal wound by piercing vital organs with a knife. The way movies portrays knife wounds annoys me.
Mortal, sure, but its not going to take them out of the fight anytime soon. Ever seen a person killed with a knife? Its not a quick process. Deer will live and run 30 seconds or more with both lungs collapsed and a hole through their heart from an arrow. You won't be able to do nearly that much damage with a knife and guess how many shots I can fire in that time period.

Even a gunshot wound won't incapacitate immediately unless you hit the CNS.

I guarantee you if you bring a knife to a gun fight you'll lose 99.9 percent of the time from 21 feet.

Killing the other guy doesn't matter much when you're dead too.

OP
TrickyPutt

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
In my family, on Mothers side (some of the white people that took over the land from the indian loss at the Battle of Horseshoe bend thanks to Andrew Jackson) there is a deer head mount with an engraved brass plaque. The plaque says "Blueberry".

A blueberry milkshake was offered as a reward for a dare by a comely lass to my distant, intensely country cousin if he could take a deer with a knife. It is a six point. He married her too.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
E, yes I have seen someone killed from a knife fight. Watch the instructional film, "Surviving edged weapons". It explains everything including the 21 foot margin of safety.

🔥 Latest posts