• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How do you dry out a golf bag?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
After my rainy round yesterday, everything is soaked. I've taken every thing out of the bag (an Ogio Exo), but how do I dry this thing out? It won't fit in my clothes dryer. Blow air through the top with a fan?

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Take your bag to a car wash and enter through the exit.

Hold your bag up to the blowers that are used to dry cars and pray that you will be able to stand up to the blast of hot air coming out of the machine.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I'd hit it with a hair dryer or if you have or can borrow one, a heat gun. Then just try to leave it somewhere it will dry best, like in a window with sunlight. Up here I have gas heat. The heater in my living room will dry anything out in a few hours.

Golfbum

THAT'S SOLID
Jan 14, 2005
I have brought my golf bag into the house and just set it beside a portable fan. It dries overnight.
Better yet, buy one of those full length Seaforth Rain Covers and you will not have to worry about this problem in the future!

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Golfbum said: Better yet, buy one of those full length Seaforth Rain Covers and you will not have to worry about this problem in the future!
After having it happen to me, this is a great prevention from Golfbum. I have one of those umbrellas ("drizzlers") that fit into the center holes, and cover the entire top. When I dried mine out, I put it in front of a heat register in the house, since I have a forced-air gas furnace. I have a related question: What's the best way to bring the grips back, after they've gotten wet? :confused:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
What are you playing for grips? Winns suck when they have gotten wet. I play GPTV's and Crosslines on the irons (soon to be switched to GPTV's). I never have any wet grip issues and they actually seem to get more tacky with a little water.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
I have a furnace with central air, so either way I would just flip it upside down on a floor vent.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I put the hood on it and hooked it over a fan. Seems to be working.

My Rules of Golf booklet seems to be mush, however.

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
I put the hood on it and hooked it over a fan. Seems to be working.

My Rules of Golf booklet seems to be mush, however.
Sure nobody reads those silly rules anyway! When my bag gets soaked I like to wash my clubs and then dry them with a dry towel. This prevents rust getting all over them and is really good for restoring grip tackiness

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I took the opportunity to clean out the entire bag, clean all the clubs, throw out the trash. When I buy a new rule book, I'll put it in a ziploc baggie. :)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I have another solution to the wet bag, clubs and book problem.... I don't play in the rain!! It's too much of a pain in the a** to keep my glasses dry so I can see. :D

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
I have another solution to the wet bag, clubs and book problem.... I don't play in the rain!! It's too much of a pain in the a** to keep my glasses dry so I can see. :D
I'm the same but I find that golf caps actually keep the rain out very effectively. It's just a problem when they start leaking......

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Actually, I took the booklet home and dried it in the oven. :) Good as new! :biglol:

Members online