• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How long till we start this back up??

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
bdcrowe said:
OK... Down to nitty gritty. When do we start this thing?

If things stay like this, I'm in business in two weeks. The courses want a couple more days to let the greens come in from the winter.

R35

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
We started May 1 last year, didn't we? Sounds like a reasonable date to shoot for this year...that's a Monday.

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Eh... that's a monday.. So do we start it on a Saturday, or Sunday?

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
I'll be on a non-golfing vacation for the first two weeks of May, so I won't be able to post any scores until after May 14.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Big Brother Dunk said:
I'll be on a non-golfing vacation for the first two weeks of May, so I won't be able to post any scores until after May 14.

No worries. Although preferable, it isn't required that you post scores every week.

Just make up for it down the road!:)

R35

Witmaster

Esprit de Corps
Jan 19, 2006
Well Shoot. I was so excited I already posted a score. That's cool though. It was a very lame score at that. :)

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Big Brother Dunk said:

I will offset you for the US. I am going to be on a cruise ship for the first week. I don't think a round on a simulator would be a valid score :D

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
O.K. I read the sticky and I just have 2 questions I would like to verify to make sure I am on the same page.

First, when do the scores need to be entered by. Although I generally play every Saturday, I may not be able to enter my score on Saturday, it may be Sunday or even Monday if I am away.

Second. I assume that I calculate based on my actual score and not my score with any Handicap adjustment, since the site automatically adjusts based on past performance.

Well, I guess there is a third. Based on the examples, Rock only had a 4 or a 6 in two consecutive weeks?? I was starting to think I would be the US Handicap, now I am starting to feel better about my game. :)

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
FKA Pa Jayhawk said:
O.K. I read the sticky and I just have 2 questions I would like to verify to make sure I am on the same page.

First, when do the scores need to be entered by. Although I generally play every Saturday, I may not be able to enter my score on Saturday, it may be Sunday or even Monday if I am away.

Second. I assume that I calculate based on my actual score and not my score with any Handicap adjustment, since the site automatically adjusts based on past performance.

Well, I guess there is a third. Based on the examples, Rock only had a 4 or a 6 in two consecutive weeks?? I was starting to think I would be the US Handicap, now I am starting to feel better about my game. :)
First, enter the round as soon as reasonably possible. No realy dictates here.

Second, it is a stableford scoring system, and you should enter the actual score you accrued.

Third, my fictitious example was the only time I would ever have the chance of posting a better round that Rock. I figured I'd get it in while I could. :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I was drinking heavily during those rounds. In fact, I ended up on another course and lost my original scorecard, in which I had to turn in only the last two holes from that course.

:D

R35

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Rockford35 said:
I was drinking heavily during those rounds. In fact, I ended up on another course and lost my original scorecard, in which I had to turn in only the last two holes from that course.

R35
And, you played it entirely in my head, so you were wearing a skirt and golf sandles, and had a sheep pulling your bag-boy.

But I digress...

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Rockford35 said:

R35
That's O.K., Gary McCord quoted in his book that he was playing a qualifying round, played it down the wrong fairway intentionally, but then he ended up holing it out in the wrong hole. For all this he blamed and fired his caddie. I wish I had it so lucky that I could blame my caddie.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.