• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How many new golf balls do you own?

How many new golf balls do you own?

• None - I prefer formally new golf balls

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 1-3 Dozen - Just what I need

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • 3-6 Dozen - A few extra dozen won't hurt

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • 6-9 Dozen - A year or two supply

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • 9-12 Dozen - What can you say, I like golf balls

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 12-15 Dozen - I really like golf balls

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 15-18 Dozen - Starting to wonder about you

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 18-21 Dozen - Approaching a serious problem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25 Dozen - The salespeople at Golfsmith love me

• 26+ Dozen - Please explain.

• Total voters

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
After putting a dozen HX Hots in my bag the other day (Thanks, Doc!) I pulled out a dozen brand new still in the box Strata Tour Straights and put them back in my stock pile. It got me thinking, I am I the only idiot sitting on such a large stash of new balls? (No need to answer the idiot portion of the question......we already know the answer.:D)

So, here is the poll question:

How many golf balls do you have in your golf bag, posession, and in your dwelling (house, home, apartment, tent, adobe, tee pee, igloo, condo, flat, double wide, dormitory, two tenement, shack, stilt house, mansion, castle, town house, coach house, vehicle, RV, camper, or your corner of the world) that are brand new, never been hit?

P.S. If we included used/reconditioned balls I could not honestly give an answer as I have no real idea how many are lying around the house and/or garage.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I currently have 4 dozen, but normally it's only one.

A dozen golf balls usually last me a year.

R35

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
I have about 3 dozen.

I recently gave away a dozen. I have an order for 3 dozen Maxfli Noodles though. :) $13.50 for 3 dozen Noodles.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I have zero new balls... and about 1200 used ones.
icon10.gif

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Well, I have a dozen less now. :) But you're welcome to those Hx Hots, I hated them.

I've played the same Maxfli Tour Fire for 3 rounds now. It's starting to show a little wear, especially since I banked it off of a few trees yesterday. I think I will play this one ball until I lose it.

I just sold 3 dozen ProV1s on eBay. That leaves 2.5 dozen Noodles, 2 dozen DT Solos, the odd ProV1, a few Nikes, and about 75 used NXTs.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I've played the same Maxfli Tour Fire for 3 rounds now. It's starting to show a little wear, especially since I banked it off of a few trees yesterday. I think I will play this one ball until I lose it.

You know they don't let you put down a lower score just because you hit an awesome "trick shot", right? Degree of difficulty isn't factored into the score!

:laugh:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Well, I have a dozen less now. :) But you're welcome to those Hx Hots, I hated them.

I just sold 3 dozen ProV1s on eBay. That leaves 2.5 dozen Noodles, 2 dozen DT Solos, the odd ProV1, a few Nikes, and about 75 used NXTs.

You wanna sell/trade some of those NXT's? PM me.
icon10.gif

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I usually have about 6 doz. or so around. I'm bad about spur of the moment ball purchases and will almost always buy a dozen or two when a ball I like or one I want to try is on sale. If I don't like them I'll give them to friends a sleeve at a time or add them to my practice ball collection. I tend to end up with the same number of balls at the end of the season as I started with since I continually accumulate them.

I bought some Top Flite D2 Feel balls on a spur of the moment decision, based on a few recommendations from STers and now I'm playing them a lot. The 15 pk. I bought will probably last me the season but if I find them on sale again (geez, they are already cheap) I'll probably pick up another 15 pk.

I like to play a new ball at the start of a round (or at least one that looks new), something about playing a ball with a scuff mark or part of the paint being gone bothers me. Once a ball gets scuffed, it usually goes into the practice ball bin after that round.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
well i went for the 1-3 catagory but let me hash this out.1 sleeve of Prov`s.6 or 7 sleeves of Nike d-s from last yr. 3 sleeves of HX Hots from this yr.and about 2-3 sleeves of Pro-v x-outs.oh and i forgot 10 or 11(balls) Rock Flite x-outs someone bought me for christmas a yr or 2 ago.

so i guess its more like 4 i for got about the T-F`s when i voted on the pole.

i dont even want to think about the used balls.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
If he's golfing tommorrow, take that number and divide it in half, Ez.

:D

R35

Ouch. He's still got that Tour Fire though. I actually hit a bunch of extra shots yesterday and must have left 10 balls on the course. Got rid of all my "scuffies" hanging around in the bag.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I've still got BOTH Tour Fires and 1 of them is still a virgin. :D

Yesterday on the hole where I put 2 in the water, I was playing Wound 90s, thank God.

Members online