• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How to tell someone you like....

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
... to "Put a sock in it!"

Really enjoy the young pro/manager at our course. We suffered through a bad one for 3 years before he was ushered out the door. The new young man has been a breath of fresh air.

I know he means well, but I'm about ready to close the door on his office and have a 'conversation' with him. He is constantly asking me what I shot that day and then comments whether it is "good enough to show improvement". "You always need to be working to shoot better scores."

No, I don't. At 70 1/2, first of all I'm just glad to be able to tee it up. At 70 1/2 to be able to dip into the upper 70's on a fairly regular basis is waaaayyyy more than I should ever expect. At 70 1/2 to be showing an 8.6 handicap index at our course is, frankly, unbelievable.

There are days one hip hurts or days when one knee hurts or days when both shoulders hurt or days when the back is acting up. Who cares? I'm not going to sit at home in a recliner and dwell on my aches and pains. If something hurts, I know I woke up this morning. I will play the best golf the Good Lord gives me each day. I've never had a lesson and ain't gonna take one in an attempt to shoot better scores. If something in the bag goes crosswise, I may replace it or I may not. I would much rather spend time trying to remember the latest jokes I've heard long enough to tell the group tomorrow morning than worrying about shaving strokes.

Like I said, I've really enjoyed this young man. He has been awesome about getting acquainted and meeting all the members he can. May just let his comments slide, knowing he means well. Probably a better direction than possibly upsetting him by telling him to "Put a sock in it!"

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
"Excuse me son, but go fuck yourself."
Sorta like that. I'd get excommunicated from the course membership and join the local Country Club. I'd be important!!!!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Every time he starts talking about improving your scores, interrupt with a story about your sex life, even if you have to make it up. Be sure to describe every wrinkle, saggy tit, and cottage cheese thigh.

Within a week, he will run away every time he sees you.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
How about something along the lines of "I really appreciate your encouragement. I do. But at my stage in life, I am just thankful to be able to get out and play. I don't really like to practice and have no intent to improve. I just want to enjoy the game" If that doesn't work, tell him to go fukk himself.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Say: "My wife's out tonight. How about you swing by and we'll see what comes up."

Guaranteed to put distance between the both of you.
Don't think I'll chance this one. He's 35, single, and never married. Has a male roommate. Not assuming anything, but, today, you never know......

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Every time he starts talking about improving your scores, interrupt with a story about your sex life, even if you have to make it up. Be sure to describe every wrinkle, saggy tit, and cottage cheese thigh.

Within a week, he will run away every time he sees you.
Quick! Tell me some stories... even made up ones. Need some entertainment this afternoon!!!!!:D:D

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I've done a similar thing with Jehovah's Witnesses.
On this line we had a JW come to the door and her little boy was doing the "pee-pee" dance. I offered to let him use our bathroom and she said no, he'll have to wait. I thought "okay lady, we'll see about that" and continued our deep religious conversation for a LONG time. The kid was frantic and if he didn't pee in her car I'd be real surprised. I figured if our bathroom wasn't good enough for a stranger to use he'll have to use your car. :eek::oops::poop::(

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
"Limp" Is that his name or the effect of seeing him in the buff?
Few have been so lucky as to witness the physical marvel I am by seeing me 'au natural'!!!:eek::eek:

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
On this line we had a JW come to the door and her little boy was doing the "pee-pee" dance. I offered to let him use our bathroom and she said no, he'll have to wait. I thought "okay lady, we'll see about that" and continued our deep religious conversation for a LONG time. The kid was frantic and if he didn't pee in her car I'd be real surprised. I figured if our bathroom wasn't good enough for a stranger to use he'll have to use your car. :eek::oops::poop::(
Should have told her, "If our bathroom isn't good enough, at least let him go in our front yard." If facilities are offered and she is too stubborn/dumb/stupid/set in her ways to pass it up, isn't that child abuse?

Members online

No members online now.