• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How's this shaft extractor?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I was thinking about picking up a shaft extractor and was looking at this one for my garage workshop. Any thoughts on this one or is there another one I should check out? Thanks All!

CLUBMAKERS VISE SHAFT EXTRACTOR

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Its not very good at all. I know 2 people that had them and they were nothing but trouble.
I prefer the golfsmith stuff for tools. This is the shaft extractor I use. I have pulled hundreds of shafts with it and have never had a problem. Well worth the extra hundred bucks imo.

Golfsmith.com: Clubmaker Shaft Extractor - Clubmaker

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
The Golfsmith one is better than the JB one. I have used both and am staying with the GS model.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
That JB Jr. Hydraulic is the only extractor you will need. It is the greatest thing I have ever bought for my shop. You don't need torches with it. A simple heat gun will do.

Hell, I bet you could do head-pulling with a hairdryer with the JB Jr. It's awesome and totally portable. You don't need to put it in a vise. Pulls take mere seconds with it.

You never have to worry about the paint on a clubhead getting too hot because the heat you use is so low because of the hydraulic pressure. The metal isn't even hot to the touch in most cases after a pull. No more having to wear a glove to hold the head after it comes off.

I highly recommend it.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I have the Golfworks clubmaker's vise puller. It's only OK, but I already had the clubmakers vise so it seemed to make sense.

I don't pull a lot of shafts but if I start doing more I think I'd get the JB jr. Everyone I know that has them loves it.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.