• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

huumm????? golf? or work?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
-19 when I got up, +13 now. Still not golfing today. :ninja:

MauryLaughing.gif

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Holy Schmidt that's cold!!! It was 15 here last night, that's effing cold for the South!!!
It's supposed to get up to 30 today, that will be a heat wave, Monday 45 & rain. We have had some wacky weather already this year and it has been cold!

50-50 degree swing in outside temp will mess with your system!

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I guess we're getting ready to get slammed by a winter storm. My wife went to pick up some things at the grocery store in Evansville, IN and she said the shelves were nearly bare. I think the high for tomorrow is 2*. I really need to break down and buy a generator.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I guess we're getting ready to get slammed by a winter storm. My wife went to pick up some things at the grocery store in Evansville, IN and she said the shelves were nearly bare. I think the high for tomorrow is 2*. I really need to break down and buy a generator.
High here tomorrow is -13

Wind chills overnight may possibly touch -50 or more

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
We had a busted water main here in town yesterday, spent most if the day without water. That sucked.

Been seriously considering a generator.

Farmers almanac predicted a cold winter, so far we have gotten it

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Went to the store, yesterday afternoon, for the wife. They're predicitng record colds this far south, tonight and tomorrow. What a fun trip!! The grocery store parking lot was full. I could almost have walked for home and been as close as where I had to park. Inside it was a madhouse. The fun can be had when you've gained significant patience from just gettin' old. Everyone in a hurry. Yet, they will stop and talk on their cell phones... completely blocking an aisle... oblivious to shoppers lined up wanting to pass. Probably the same ones who drive in the left hand lane, below the speed limit, talking away on their hand-held phones. Then, it's Saturday afternoon so the kids are home from school. Parents have dragged their unbehaved, screaming brats with them to buy everything the parent wants and nothing to shut up the spoiled diaper soilers. Add to that, a fantastic sale on Pregresso soup. A lady had the entire Progresso section totally blocked with one of the carts for kids that has some sort of a plastic carlike structure way out on the front. Put the length of that cart... plus the width of her waaayyy oversize butt... in front of the soup and no one else could get near. Probably six of us waiting patiently, while she picked out about 8 cans... then put back 2 or 3... then chose additional flavors.

Honestly, I had a blast!! Got me out of the house and renew my thoughts of how much I enjoy being married to a "mature" lady who may have lost a little of the lustre of these young, shapely honies... but has the respect and courtesy of fellow shoppers that seems to be lost in a "me" generation. Also, I had had a huge bowl of tortilla soup for lunch. Tons of black beans, corn, green chilies... topped of with a great habenero sauce. Immediately after that, my wife handed me a brand new can of wasibi flavored nuts that were exceptionally hot and spicey. By the time I got to the store, I had worked up the ability of emit a treacherous amount of toxic gas. I could walk almost a third of an aisle length, never ceasing that so satisfying feeling of spewing gas and not making a sound doing it. More than once, I would stop and stare at a lady and slowly shake my head as if she was the one rendering the area unfit for man or beast. There was only once the entire time I had any worries about "sliders" and "skid marks".

Got home and my wife asked me what took so long, picking up just a few necessities. Told her the store was a little busy and it just took a little longer than usual. She has no idea how blessed she is that I at least had the courtesy to entertain others with my emissions than stain the walls of our own living room.

I still subscribe to the theory that meterologists and grocery stores are in cahoots. All the weatherman has to do is predict some sort of winter weather event and the grocery stores become instant chaos. People will heap carts with bread, milk, toilet paper, etc... enough for an entire year. It's as if their pantires and regrigerators are completely empty and they must refill, since it will be impossible to leave their home for the next month. In past years, the local radio station has run community service ads after these "scares" asking that folks donate surplus food to the local Food Pantry rather than let it spoil at home.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Wow!!! Were going to be in the single digits for the high on Monday and Tuesday with the wind chill in the negative teens. The kids were supposed to go back to school on Monday from Christmas break. We just found out school has been cancelled on Monday and Tuesday. All this happening before a single flake or or single digit temp has been recorded. SMH

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
It's 51* this morning and raining. This afternoon it supposed to drop into single digits and snow on the way. How's that for wacky weather.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Car said -19º this morning...winds are a howling. Wind chill according to accuweather right now is -56ºF.

House was making some serious noises last night. Surprisingly, the furnace wasn't on non-stop. It was running probably 40-45mins per hour though.

The crazy thing is I have a detached garage, and the temp inside the garage this morning was 11 above, while it was almost -20 outside. No heat sources inside the garage and it's not insulated at all.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I know. What happens when some real shit goes down? Glad I have a deep freeze full of deer, lol.

Yeah, I can't believe with the 5-7 day forecasts we have, people still wait till the last day to get stuff. I've never had to go to the store before a storm to 'stock up'. I always have enough food to probably live well over a month without leaving the house(assuming utilities are on).

If the S ever hits the fan in this country, one better hope they have a plan to defend themselves. People get in fights over the last thing of Oreo's in the store, could you imagine if they were actually going hungry?

🔥 Latest posts