• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hybrid vs fairway woods

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
Can someone explain the differences or advantages of hybrids over fairway woods. In the last 10 years I have dropped long irons from my bag in favor of hi lofted fairway woods. I carry 3,5,7 and 9 woods. Best move I ever made. I never could hit long irons consistently and had lost yardage as I got older. Now I'm wondering if hybrids would be an improvement over the fairway woods I'm carrying.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Well for me it goes, Fairway woods off the tee, don't slice. Hybrids off the deck, don't hit as fat. I can't tell you what the positive differences are, just the negatives in my game.:)

Glenn70

Aug 15, 2005
Not sure exactly of the differences, but my thoughts are, there is no replacement for a good 3 Wood, in fact I don't think hybrids go any higher than 18* anyway. So for me, I carry a Callaway 3 Wood, 15*. Instead of a 5 wood, I carry an 18* Nike CPR2 Wood, ( not the iron wood ). And then I carry a 22* CPR. I don't see the need for either 5 or 7 wood because of these clubs. I think its a matter of preference. But I also believe a hybid is easier to hit than a fairway wood, especially out of the rough.

Members online

No members online now.