• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hybrid

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Thinking of giving hybrids, one anyway, another shot. Need recommendations. Thinking in the 19-23* range, will most likely have a steel shaft and cant look hideously oversized. Keep in mind I currently have a 2,3 & 4 iron in my bag and the only one I struggle with sometimes is the 2 and occasionally the 3.

Not even sure Im going to do this since i have had NO luck with any hybrid I have tried, except the Nickent....but im bored so lets hear it.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I've tried a few of them. None of them worked for me.

I did, however, start hitting my 3w better by forcing myself to get steep and hit it like an iron. It doesn't get more than 10 feet off the ground, but it goes about 220 or so with a slight draw.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
HYBRID... Hit Your Ball Right In De woods/rough/trash/tall stuff/water/whatever!!! At least that is what I used to think. I carry a 20 degree 3h Callaway that I picked up probably 5 years ago out of a used bin for $20 bucks. It has a Aldila NV shaft in it. I can bend it left or right. It seldom leaves the bag.
I also have Adams A7's in 4h and 5h. These have the ProForce shafts in them. If I weren't hitting my G20 long irons as well as I am, I'd have them in the bag. Neither the old Callaway or the A7's appear large. Some of the Adams hybrids/fybrids do. Some of the early TMAG's do. If I want large, I'll just use fairway woods.

My biggest issue right now with hybrids is that I hit my 5 wood and long irons too well. I don't have slots to fill. If I did, I'd probably find a deal on the Adams Pro hybrids which are one of the smaller hybrid heads out there. Loft?? That all depends what you want to do with them.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
HYBRID... Hit Your Ball Right In De woods/rough/trash/tall stuff/water/whatever!!! At least that is what I used to think. I carry a 20 degree 3h Callaway that I picked up probably 5 years ago out of a used bin for $20 bucks. It has a Aldila NV shaft in it. I can bend it left or right. It seldom leaves the bag.
I also have Adams A7's in 4h and 5h. These have the ProForce shafts in them. If I weren't hitting my G20 long irons as well as I am, I'd have them in the bag. Neither the old Callaway or the A7's appear large. Some of the Adams hybrids/fybrids do. Some of the early TMAG's do. If I want large, I'll just use fairway woods.

My biggest issue right now with hybrids is that I hit my 5 wood and long irons too well. I don't have slots to fill. If I did, I'd probably find a deal on the Adams Pro hybrids which are one of the smaller hybrid heads out there. Loft?? That all depends what you want to do with them.
I hit my 3w really well. I hit my long irons (thank you Ping) really well. I don't know why I'm thinking about it and I think I just talked myself out of it....

May poke around eBay a bit. I the the fact that we have zero golf shops around that have used club bins.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Maybe look at the Adams Pro DHys. Look more like an iron than other hybrids.

adams-pro-dhy-driving-hybrid.jpg

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.