• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I added 25-100 yards to my drive with 1 simple move!

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
United States United States
This is NOT an add.
This is me, Libre, the old hacker.

With 1 simple move, I added 25-100 yards to EVERY tee shot.
And it’s ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEED to work for ANYONE!

Wanna know the secret?
Scroll down...
The Secret Move:
I (finally) moved up to the gold (senior) tees.
It’s a different course.
I AM 67.
Anyone that doesn’t like it can suck my dk.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
This is NOT an add.
This is me, Libre, the old hacker.

With 1 simple move, I added 25-100 yards to EVERY tee shot.
And it’s ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEED to work for ANYONE!

Wanna know the secret?
Scroll down...
The Secret Move:
I (finally) moved up to the gold (senior) tees.
It’s a different course.
I AM 67.
Anyone that doesn’t like it can suck my dk.

Turning 66 in a few weeks...................already made the move. I am enjoying being closer to the green before and after I tee off. ;)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Our group plays from the "Geezer tees". Just makes the game more fun. On our course, though, the geezer tees are only an advantage on about 4 holes. Do whatever it takes to keep you coming back to the Game!!!!!

OP
Libre

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
I don't know what took me so long. I've wanted to make the switch for some time. I tried it my last round, and the course lays out much easier- the greens are approachable after a good drive - it's by no means easy - but from the whites, on most of the par 4's, I have to hit my best drive and then my best fairway wood to get home. That wears me down fast, start missing greens quickly, even on my third. But from the golds, most of the greens are accessible to me in regulation. And I'm walking most of the time so it's time to start making it just a little easier. I still have to play pretty well to card <100. It's always at least 2 or 3 holes with big numbers that do me in.

Last edited:

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
Ok, I am 58 in a couple months...been playing golf over 50 years...a bit heavy and lots of things hurt...lost 20-40 yards over the last 20 years gradually...when can move up without being considered a complete ahole? I am just so tired of pars fours I cannot reach from the whites...

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Ok, I am 58 in a couple months...been playing golf over 50 years...a bit heavy and lots of things hurt...lost 20-40 yards over the last 20 years gradually...when can move up without being considered a complete ahole? I am just so tired of pars fours I cannot reach from the whites...

Don’t forget that handicaps are there to help. Par 4s can turn into par 5s or par 6s.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
How exactly would that work? Is it just the scorecard where I see every now and then a hole that is 4/5?
Typically, a hole designated on the scorecard as 4/5 is a par 4 for men and a par 5 for ladies. The course slope rating would be calculated based on a higher par number for ladies than for men. And, in today's politically correct time, the higher par number would not be gender specific. It could be for seniors, etc.

Depending on handicap, holes can "give" you an additional stroke in competition. In match play let's say you are a 10 and are playing against a 6. You get 4 strokes... one each on the number 1, 2, 3, and 4 handicap holes.

Also, don't forget ESC... Equitable Stroke Control. During play, you record each stroke taken. If you are keeping your handicap, you are to make the ESC adjustments before logging your score for that round. There are two or three criteria, based on your handicap. I believe the higher handicaps adjust anything over a 7 to a 7 before logging the score. Mid-cappers adjust anything over a double bogey to a double. This doesn't change your actual score for the round. It just changes what you enter into an official GHIN system that records your handicap. If you are a 9 handicap, for instance, you might get a quadruple bogey on one hole that then shows an 82 final score. Before entering your handicap in the computer, you would adjust that quad to a double and enter an 80.

Golf's rules and score keeping can get entirely too complicated. The first rule that needs prioritized is "Enjoy the Game".

Edit: https://www.usga.org/content/dam/usga/pdf/Handicap/2018 Handigrams-Final.pdf (This link includes the ESC numbers.)

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
Wow...nothing like learning I’ve been entering scores wrong for decades...makes me want to just continue to hit it, find it, hit it again, find it, chip it and hope to one putt, then write it down and bitch and moan about the missed putt...easier...LOL

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.