• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I can't hit my Driver anymore. Help!!!!

OP
sandwedge

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
Well, I went to the driving range yesterday and pretty much got this problem solved for now. I bought a weighted club similar to the momementus. I got it from Walmart for $25. I worked on my swing plane with it and then when I got to the range I worked on keeping my left arm close to my body and stopped coming over the top. Thanks for all of the advice!!!

I am also going to get a new driver. I am thinking of getting the Taylormade 580xd with a regular flex shaft. I have a Nike driver now with an extra stiff shaft that is way too stiff for my swing. I think my swing speed is only around 90-92 mph.

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
Well, I went to the driving range yesterday and pretty much got this problem solved for now. I bought a weighted club similar to the momementus. I got it from Walmart for $25. I worked on my swing plane with it and then when I got to the range I worked on keeping my left arm close to my body and stopped coming over the top. Thanks for all of the advice!!!

I am also going to get a new driver. I am thinking of getting the Taylormade 580xd with a regular flex shaft. I have a Nike driver now with an extra stiff shaft that is way too stiff for my swing. I think my swing speed is only around 90-92 mph.

Dohh, X stiff will feel kind of nasty with your club head speed that low.

OP
sandwedge

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
Dohh, X stiff will feel kind of nasty with your club head speed that low.

It does. I can only hit my driver about 250 when I am swinging it really well. I would imagine that I could pick up some more distance when I change to a regular flex shaft.

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
the more flexible the shaft the greater the distance (this is why i play stiff).

benk

Ben
Dec 4, 2006
fasdf

and, for higher swing speeds, the more flexible, the more shot dispertion.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
the more flexible the shaft the greater the distance (this is why i play stiff).

My swing speed isnt that high, but im all for sacrificing some distance for accuracy. I could easily play a stiffer reg shaft and get a little more distance, but then my timing would have to be even better and i dont want to sacrifice my accuracy (wat little i have of it) when im already avging around 260-270 in the summer.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
and, for higher swing speeds, the more flexible, the more shot dispertion.

Definitely true for me. I put together an Xflex for the 1st time ever. Amazing accuracy difference. I lost a few yards over a soft S flex though. Maybe a 1/2 to full club on approach shots.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.