• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I hate selling on eBay.....

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
(Rant on)

They charge too much for a selling fee. PayPal takes a commission too. Then a month later eBay bills you for their commission. Then when the punk ass little kid that lives in his mommy's basement decides to return 35 year old clubs (that he wanted so bad he contacted me personally outside the auction) because one of the shafts had some pitting on it, eBay allows it even tho i do not accept returns. I may delete my account and just use SWMBO'S account to buy.

(Rant off)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Easy! Us old guys shouldn't get our blood pressure up over some punk kid being an entitled brat. I'll have my daughter give you a call. She has about lost it over an adult... an adult that should know better... acting like a spoiled brat at Vacation Bible School this week. And, it's a church employee. She almost walked out last night, leaving them with 100+ kids to deal with on their own. She experienced the same imbecile last year and swore she would not do VBS again. But, the Pastor talked her into it. If she survives a couple more nights... she may moon them on her way out the door. That would probably be a more mature move than she's been dealing with!!!

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Rant on

papaD- There is no way your ho a55 could do without the Bay! You do not want SWMBO all up in your shizznit. Chill the fvck out.

limpy- Tell your daughter to call that trick a55 puppy out! The only reason she is trying that fru fru lame bull5hit is it is at VBS. Churches are full of people that tolerate those few that are lame ass byotches.

Rant off

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
This thread is gold and it's only 3 posts deep!
......and I STILL HATE selling on eBay. Fukking anal retentive mommas boy begs me to sell him clubs and then picks them apart the minute he gets them. I'm done. Subsonic, you need to open your own account and feel my pain :cool:

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
......and I STILL HATE selling on eBay. Fukking anal retentive mommas boy begs me to sell him clubs and then picks them apart the minute he gets them. I'm done. Subsonic, you need to open your own account and feel my pain :cool:

What set did you sell to him? I have an ebay account, but do not have the time to sell.

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
What set did you sell to him? I have an ebay account, but do not have the time to sell.
Lucky man. It can be a pain. Seriously, tho, I have had MANY successful sales. 99% are just fine. My feedback profile is 100% positive as a buyer and seller. It's just when these little picky picky buyers show up that gets me spun up.......and I'm generally a happy old fart. I can close my seller account and still be able to buy. Good option.

Sold a set of Eye 2+ irons in GREAT shape. The 6 iron shaft had a few pits on it and was shown in the pictures. He's claiming I sold him a defective product. You don't get perfect when you buy 25 year old golf clubs.

Last edited:

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Lucky man. It can be a pain. Seriously, tho, I have had MANY successful sales. 99% are just fine. My feedback profile is 100% positive as a buyer and seller. It's just when these little picky picky buyers show up that gets me spun up.......and I'm generally a happy old fart. I can close my seller account and still be able to buy. Good option.

Sold a set of Eye 2+ irons in GREAT shape. The 6 iron shaft had a few pits on it and was shown in the pictures. He's claiming I sold him a defective product. You don't get perfect when you buy 25 year old golf clubs.
Agreed!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I don't bother selling on Ebay for exactly those reasons. Ebay is too heavy handed and is so far in favor of the buyer it's ridiculous. Not to mention the fees make it almost impossible to make any money at all.

I roll with craigslist and keep my 45 handy. If I can't sell it there I just don't bother selling it. I'll donate and write it off.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I've never had a dispute with a buyer, knock on wood, but I always take photos of the packing process. Just in case the buyer pulls one of those types of stunts.

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
I knew this guy was trouble. He starts by messaging me outside the auction trying to work a deal. The words "I want to buy your clubs" were the openers. We cut a deal, I alter the BIN price and he pays promptly (after sending three messages asking me if had changed the price yet, and then to tell me he had payed me - all these in the course of about 3 minutes). Dude is foaming at the mouth to buy these clubs. I ship them the next day, after getting a message asking me when I am going to ship. I post the tracking number AND message the tracking number to him. Next day he messages me saying that the tracking number is valid but doesn't show any movement. Talk about impatient. They arrive in 2 days and according to the records, he messages me within minutes of delivery telling me they are defective and he is returning them. When I tell him I do not accept returns (as stated in the ad) he rants me in a message saying he's going to fight me tooth and nail to prove I am unworthy as a seller and that he would send these pathetic clubs back if I GAVE them to him. Sigh - I am dealing with some kid who has issues. I approve the return, PAY for the fukking return shipping. The minute he ships them, he messages me telling me that he shipped them. They arrived yesterday. Minutes later I get a message from him telling me that they have arrived and I should issue his refund now. By eBay rules, I have 10 days to refund him and by God, I am waiting until fukking midnight on the 10th day to give this anal retentive nut-job his money back. I sent his rant message to eBay in a Report a Buyer function and blocked him from ever dealing with me again. I have moved lots of stuff on eBay, but you have to deal with every nut out there and eBay ALWAYS supports the buyer. I closed my seller account. I can still buy.

Last edited:

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
I knew this guy was trouble. He starts by messaging me outside the auction trying to work a deal. The words "I want to buy your clubs" were the openers. We cut a deal, I alter the BIN price and he pays promptly (after sending three messages asking me if had changed the price yet, and then to tell me he had payed me - all these in the course of about 3 minutes). Dude is foaming at the mouth to buy these clubs. I ship them the next day, after getting a message asking me when I am going to ship. I post the tracking number AND message the tracking number to him. Next day he messages me saying that the tracking number is valid but doesn't show any movement. Talk about impatient. They arrive in 2 days and according to the records, he messages me within minutes of delivery telling me they are defective and he is returning them. When I tell him I do not accept returns (as stated in the ad) he rants me in a message saying he's going to fight me tooth and nail to prove I am unworthy as a seller and that he would send these pathetic clubs back if I GAVE them to him. Sigh - I am dealing with some kid who has issues. I approve the return, PAY for the fukking return shipping. The minute he ships them, he messages me telling me that he shipped them. They arrived yesterday. Minutes later I get a message from him telling me that they have arrived and I should issue his refund now. By eBay rules, I have 10 days to refund him and by God, I am waiting until fukking midnight on the 10th day to give this anal retentive nut-job his money back. I sent his rant message to eBay in a Report a Buyer function and blocked him from ever dealing with me again. I have moved lots of stuff on eBay, but you have to deal with every nut out there and eBay ALWAYS supports the buyer. I closed my seller account. I can still buy.

Damn papaD. I still had some stuff to unload. Oh well. I guess I am stuck selling it to you.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I don't bother selling on Ebay for exactly those reasons. Ebay is too heavy handed and is so far in favor of the buyer it's ridiculous. Not to mention the fees make it almost impossible to make any money at all.

I roll with craigslist and keep my 45 handy. If I can't sell it there I just don't bother selling it. I'll donate and write it off.

Pretty much the same here, I have sold and bought a lot of stuff via Craigslist, everything from snowmobiles and motorcycles to refrigerators and bows. You just need to deal with the bottom feeding cockwaffles who want to trade you the rearend from a 79 TransAm for your crap. Or the ones who want to jew you down from your $20 asking price, screw you buddy, I will toss it in the garbage before I lower the price anymore.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
PIAS can be a pain to. They want to give you absolutely nothing for your clubs and the one in Freddyburg is like buying off e bay.

Members online