• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I joined a club

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
when they work, they work. One of my buds uses a 60 year old hickory shafted brass blade - and putts very well with it.
As I've said on here before, a guy who has won our club championship more than once has an old "putt-putt" putter he paid $0.75 cents for at a garage sale. He's bought Odysseys and Camerons and sold them because this old relic makes more putts for him. Still has some of the yellow paint on the head. UGLY!!!

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
This week's event:

Phoenix Bratish Open 2016

T
he home of golf is celebrated with this tongue-in-cheek event. Traditionally played on a links style course if one can be found in town and in budget. The winner of this event is presented with the Claret Juggs and is guaranteed to get some double-takes while transporting the trophy back to his car.

8JFcx9X.jpg

Phoenix Golf Resorts | Lookout Mountain at Tapatio Cliffs

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
This week's event:

Phoenix Bratish Open 2016

T
he home of golf is celebrated with this tongue-in-cheek event. Traditionally played on a links style course if one can be found in town and in budget. The winner of this event is presented with the Claret Juggs and is guaranteed to get some double-takes while transporting the trophy back to his car.

8JFcx9X.jpg

Phoenix Golf Resorts | Lookout Mountain at Tapatio Cliffs
Go get those juggs!!!

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Go get those juggs!!!
I really want this one. However, the best score I can post is an 84 (with my penalty strokes) so it's going to be tough. I've played this course a number of times before and I really like it so I have that going for me. A side note, the family and I are staying at the resort for the weekend so the kids and a couple of their friends can go to the water park. Should be a great weekend.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I really want this one. However, the best score I can post is an 84 (with my penalty strokes) so it's going to be tough. I've played this course a number of times before and I really like it so I have that going for me. A side note, the family and I are staying at the resort for the weekend so the kids and a couple of their friends can go to the water park. Should be a great weekend.
Hell yeah! Enjoy!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I only liked this post because I didn't have to scroll to read it all.
Well, next time... if there is a next time... I'll try harder to explain the theory and ideals behind my post for the few on here who have a difficult time understanding what I am trying to tell them. I do realize that sometimes too many words can be a bother and that more than three word sentences may be too much for some minds to absorb. However, it would seem that, whether it be the heat or just old age, my fingers tire... they really get exhausted... making all these attempts to further my points of conversation. And, mix that in with having to work with this new crew... who happens to be from the numb-nut-northern-tundra of Minnesota... who, just as the rest of the Northerners like from Wisconsin, North Dakota, Michigan, etc, have a hard time speaking a version of English that is recognizable. Hence, we have to take our time, speaking slowly and giving a comprehensive analysis of exactly it is we need them to do for them to understand real English as spoken by most of the Free World... except up there.

Happy now???!!!!????:D:D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.