• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I joined a club

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
One daughter and SIL just celebrated their 20th anniversary. He has probably not been employed more than 3 years out of the 20... and none the past 10 years. He hunts, fishes, boats, etc. Has tried for years to buy enough toys to exhaust her income... and hasn't yet. Has caused some "interesting" conversations between my wife and I, but if they are happy and she continues to make the big bucks....

The other SIL recently made a surprise acknowledgement one day when we were playing golf. He said that when he and our daughter were married, his income far outpaced hers. After about 10 years into their marriage, he realized they were both making similar dollars. And, now, she is making quite a bit more than he is. I appreciated his acknowledgement.

It is a far different world than when my wife and I experienced. My wife was a stay-at-home mother and did not enter the workplace until well after our kids were gone from home.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
A millionaire Japanese woman used to be in my social circle years ago. She was an interesting case study. She would get boyfriends, lavish the, buy them a sports car etc. The first one liked golf, so all he did was play golf. The next one liked fishing, so she bought him a light game fishing boat ...

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
A millionaire Japanese woman used to be in my social circle years ago. She was an interesting case study. She would get boyfriends, lavish the, buy them a sports car etc. The first one liked golf, so all he did was play golf. The next one liked fishing, so she bought him a light game fishing boat ...
Got her number?

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007

Got her number?

If you knew Sushi, like I know Sushi, oh oh oh

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
The season has come to a close for me. I finished 10th out of 43 playing in only 6 of 8 events. I qualified for the World Championships in Vegas, but after putting braces on both of my boys the funds just aren't there to go.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
The season has come to a close for me. I finished 10th out of 43 playing in only 6 of 8 events. I qualified for the World Championships in Vegas, but after putting braces on both of my boys the funds just aren't there to go.
I should have been an orthodontist. What a racket.....sorry you can't go.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The first President of the United States got along find with wooden false teeth. Golf or kids?? Give 'em a pocket knife and have them start making their own teeth. Ya gotta get your priorities straight!!!!

Sounds like you have a great time playing in this group. That's what golf is all about... meeting new friends and having fun. Good job, Greg!!!!!

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
The first tourney of the new year is Sunday, the Rebel Beach Am-Am. I joined a new chapter this year. The chapter I was in last year set up the tourney schedule all on the east side of town. A number of us west siders didn't like it and formed or own chapter.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
The first tourney of the new year is Sunday, the Rebel Beach Am-Am. I joined a new chapter this year. The chapter I was in last year set up the tourney schedule all on the east side of town. A number of us west siders didn't like it and formed or own chapter.
Nice!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Secessionist!!!! Traitor!!!! Congrats!! Have fun!!!!!!!:D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.