• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I really dislike tebo...

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Hey...if my sponsors are footing the bill to put me on the track/golf course/etc every weekend at little cost to myself you better believe i am going to plug them as much as humanly possible.

Sure they are making money off my name, but they are still helping me. Whats so wrong with being appreciative?
I'd like to thank the Alabama State Federal Credit Union, Dixie's Drive-In, Elmer's Motor Tune-Up and Oil Change Emporium, Rascal's Asphalt and Hot Tub Warehouse, Fred's Lil' Sister, my Momma, my Poppa, my other Poppa, Grandma June, and all the other folks what done helped me win the Inaugural Bloomers, Garters and Chastity Belt Dirt-Track 35 Mile Sprint for the Kentucky Fried Chicken Gold Foil-covered-Bucket Trophy.

That's what...

git-r-doneforgod.jpg

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
Hey...if my sponsors are footing the bill to put me on the track/golf course/etc every weekend at little cost to myself you better believe i am going to plug them as much as humanly possible.

Sure they are making money off my name, but they are still helping me. Whats so wrong with being appreciative?

Nothing at all... and regarding Tebow, Isnt that what he is doing when he thanks God and JC?

Im being inconsistent here, because I dont mind the God thanking, I get tired of the sponsor @ss kissing... but I never said I was perfect.

twelvegage

live life. love life.
Jan 18, 2008
maybe I'm immature (ok, I am) but I laughed when you talked about him playing with little foreign kids weiners.

I don't like him either, but strictly from a football P.O.V. He's not a QB, he's a bigger Eric Crouch.

And if it makes you feel any better he's being projected as a running back, or a possible mid-round, project type QB. If any teams takes him, it'll be a huge risk.

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
I'm very immature and I'll admit it. I really dislike the guy, bottom line. It's all in fun though, I hope no one was offended.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I've had this conversation with my buddies at work before. At first it used to really bother me when athletes would thank god - as if the other team didn't pray hard enough to win. But then I thought of it this way. At least he is thanking SOMEONE who in general terms is an advocate for being a better person in this world. It more than I can say for Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson and Plaxico Burress (who USED to be on my fantasy team thank you very much you self-inflected gun wound idiot). In a time where everybody is more concerned with me, me, me and other bad habits, it is refreshing to see someone recognize that they are NOT the center of this earth's rotation. Also, some athletes might be thanking god for the ABILITY to play football, golf, etc. not just the fact that they won. I can appreciate that fact based upon the idea that if I could make a living playing golf or football I too, would be thanking a god!

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
I understand your point, really I do. I told myself I was going to drop the seriousness on this topic but.....

On the other hand do you really need to acknowledge him after every single play? Are the WWJD bracelets and scripture eye black patches not enough. Tim we get it you thank god for everything you have.

I do appreciate that he is a decent human being and seems genuine in his care for other people of the world. I just can't take the tebo is great he is the best person sentimental BS before every game. Please find another story and stop giving the guy a media BJ every saturday.

Alright that's it I'm done being serious. I have a pretty funny picture from the Florida game I was at in Knoxville this year I'll post it when I find it.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
What really has me irritated is that media outlets like ESPN have pretty much all but gave him the Heisman. I'm sorry but that's a load of crap... the award should go to Bradford or McCoy. And even though Bradford is light years ahead of McCoy as far as being a quality QB, McCoy probably has an edge over being an all-around athlete and pretty much carrying his team. Texas wouldn't be shit without him.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Its a paradigm thing, that's all.

I don't thank god for being able to play golf, or the ability to try and play it well, or even when I do play well. I'm fortunate for the aforementioned, and no, I don't even thank myself, as I feel that its all luck anyway.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I agree with WG that God does not care about a sports game and the team that prays the most won't necessarily win... :D

If someone is truly religious, wouldn't they see this? A GOD should not be asked to help your team win. At least if you respect HIM. :)

Sports are not really that important in the large scheme of things.... :)

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I agree with WG that God does not care about a sports game and the team that prays the most won't necessarily win... :D

If someone is truly religious, wouldn't they see this? A GOD should not be asked to help your team win. At least if you respect HIM. :)

Sports are not really that important in the large scheme of things.... :)

In my eyes it's not about thanking god for winning or for hitting a good shot or whatever. More about thanks for the blessings to be able to do what you do, or even being blessed with the opportunity to do it.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
What really has me irritated is that media outlets like ESPN have pretty much all but gave him the Heisman. I'm sorry but that's a load of crap... the award should go to Bradford or McCoy. And even though Bradford is light years ahead of McCoy as far as being a quality QB, McCoy probably has an edge over being an all-around athlete and pretty much carrying his team. Texas wouldn't be shit without him.

The big question to me is what defines the Heisman award. Best football player? Most Valuable to team? Best numbers? Best QB? I think if it is best football player then it should be Tebow. Urban said he has never seen a better football player. That is bold. And I know he is garnering votes for his QB. But frankly, I would bekieve his opinion on the quality of a football player before that of anyone on this golf forum. Food for thought.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
The big question to me is what defines the Heisman award. Best football player? Most Valuable to team? Best numbers? Best QB? I think if it is best football player then it should be Tebow. Urban said he has never seen a better football player. That is bold. And I know he is garnering votes for his QB. But frankly, I would bekieve his opinion on the quality of a football player before that of anyone on this golf forum. Food for thought.

The Heisman award and ESPN both lost all credibility the year they gave it to Woodson instead of Peyton Manning. Supposedly their excuse was it wasn't a lifetime achievement award. Then the very next year, possible the one after that?, it was given to a player they said had earned it because of his overall career in college. Woodson had one good year in college and is still living off it in the NFL. Peyton on the other hand had a great career at UT, showed other players it was ok to stay in college all 4 years, and is re-writing the record books in the NFL.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.