• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I wanna ring this guys neck...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Last sunday, 7 days ago, I had an auction on ebay for Magic cards (yes I know I am a nerd etc LOL). Anyway this guy won the auction and I immediately sent the invoice. Two days go by and I send another invoice. Another day goes buy with no response from the buyer or payment. I send an email to the buyer and wait. Well today I got sick of waiting and sent the second chance offer to the next highest bidder. I then filed a claim with ebay-unpaid item dispute. Anyway this guy responds several hours later and states he misread my auction and was afraid to confront me about it-like we are in High School and he thought I was going to beat him up. Anyway in his response thru ebay his last line was this....

"If you do end up filing an unpaid strike against me, I will pay for your item, but will likely be unhappy with it :(."

Basically threatening that no matter what he was going to leave negative feedback. I am annoyed to no end by this and the sad thing is that I have no options here-at least none that I can see. Arggghhh....

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Offer other highest bidder the chance.

If that doesn't fly, hit him with the unpaid. Don't even let him buy them. That way, he can't leave shit.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I'd just tell him "sorry, I sold it to the next highest bidder.". There is nothing wrong with that. I've done it before and never heard from the original winner at all. If he negs you , you can dispute it with Ebay. Problem is, if you filed a strike you should have waited for that to run it's course. You end up stuck if you both file the strike and sell the item to the next bidder since Ebay gives the winner a "last chance" to pay when you file the strike. Good luck and hopefully the original winner just leaves it alone.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'd just tell him "sorry, I sold it to the next highest bidder.". There is nothing wrong with that. I've done it before and never heard from the original winner at all. If he negs you , you can dispute it with Ebay. Problem is, if you filed a strike you should have waited for that to run it's course. You end up stuck if you both file the strike and sell the item to the next bidder since Ebay gives the winner a "last chance" to pay when you file the strike. Good luck and hopefully the original winner just leaves it alone.

Well, I did sell it to the next highest bidder. I just sent him an email, I was a little annoyed that he waited this long-didn't contact me and then basically threatened me if I didin't close the case-thats the most annoying part. Anyway after the email I went to the resolution place to close the case and get my fee credited back. It was more annoying than anything and I didn't file to get an unpaid strike-not that it matters.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Why not use some Level 9 magic on him and kill his level 6 mage? He can't have that many hit points. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. LOL.

R35

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Why not use some Level 9 magic on him and kill his level 6 mage? He can't have that many hit points. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. LOL.

R35

I knew somebody would have to...LOL

Anyway I don't remember how to do it-that's why I am selling all the cards!!! LOL

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Just got the email, buyer agreed to cancel transaction-final value fee credited back to me. Still pretty annoyed but that will go away shortly...

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
Last sunday, 7 days ago, I had an auction on ebay for Magic cards (yes I know I am a nerd etc LOL). Anyway this guy won the auction and I immediately sent the invoice. Two days go by and I send another invoice. Another day goes buy with no response from the buyer or payment. I send an email to the buyer and wait. Well today I got sick of waiting and sent the second chance offer to the next highest bidder. I then filed a claim with ebay-unpaid item dispute. Anyway this guy responds several hours later and states he misread my auction and was afraid to confront me about it-like we are in High School and he thought I was going to beat him up. Anyway in his response thru ebay his last line was this....

"If you do end up filing an unpaid strike against me, I will pay for your item, but will likely be unhappy with it :(."

Basically threatening that no matter what he was going to leave negative feedback. I am annoyed to no end by this and the sad thing is that I have no options here-at least none that I can see. Arggghhh....
You should have stated in your listing that payment must be recieved within 7 days. That way, you could have gotten him for non-payment.
Ive been burnt selling stuff on Ebay too.
Last year I sold a set of Titleist irons on there and after a week, the buyer wanted to return the clubs, saying they werent in the condition I said they were and that the grips were mismatched. He claimed they had big rock clips in them, which they didnt. (I told him the clubs were an 8 out of 10 and that they had normal wear but nothing that would affect their play)
I didnt log onto Ebay during that time, so I had no idea he was messaging me, so I didnt answer him and he ended up filing a Paypal despute and giving me a negative rating.
IMO, the way Ebay has it set up is very unfair for the sellers.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.