• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'd like some opinions

PhillyEagle

Feb 3, 2007
Here's my current set-up

Driver (10*)
Rescue graphite (16*) TM Dual (mainly off tee)
Rescue graphite (22*) TM Mid (fairway, long par 3's)
4 iron
5 iron
|
|
\/

I love my rescues, and I rarely hit a solid 4 iron so I think I'm about to replace it with a 25* rescue. My question is, would it be dumb to replace the 4 iron with the new TM Dual, or should I stick with the TM Mid to keep it consistent with my 22*?

Also, would it make sense to go with steel in the 25* rescue for more control, or should I keep it consistent with the other rescues?

Likely depends on how comfortable you are with your current rescue woods, and possibly what you play in your irons. Do you have steel on your irons. I doubt I would throw steel in the 25* if you play graphite rescues and irons. Personally I don't see a big difference in Steel to graphite outside of the fact that I think the Steel Nippon is a better shaft. I have steel in my 23* Cobra, and Graphite in my 2 Halos. If I were to do it again, I would likely go with Cobras with the Nippons to match, as that does make a little difference to me from a difference in feel. I wanted a lighter shaft, looking back I don't think it was important as the confidence factor of the Baffler. The grapite shaft in the baffler was not something I cared for. So since you are on the border between irons and the other two hybrids on that club it may not make a big difference.

On getting a dual or mid. Same question on how comfortable you are with the mid's. If you are comfortable, I would get a mid. FYI, the dual comes with a draw bias setup unless you buy the weights, personally I found the Mids and the dual to have a tendency to turn my draw into a hook. If you fade or hit the ball straight with the Mid's it may be O.K. the ball it may be O.K, but it will likely play more towards a draw due to the weight setup.

The main question I see is whether you will hit it at the same distance regularity. I hit the dual a little further than the mid, so question is whether you are going to have a big enough gap. The other question is what is the gap between the 22* and your 5i. I believe the 22* is the 4i replacement if I am not mistaken? I question whether you will end up replacing the 4i or finding something of equal distance to a 5i. I personally hit the 22* mid shorter than the baffler and not much more than my 5i, but this more depends on you. I have heard others hit them like a 3i.

I play steel irons.

My 22* rescue goes further than my 4 iron, so I have used it to replace my 3 iron.

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54