• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

IG - Tour operator

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Quite by chance, I was approached to organise a golf trip for a guy and his son to Ireland and Scotland. It was quite a lot of work, booking accommodation, flights, tee-times, car rental etc. but they arrived today into Ireland and it all begins. They are playing a bunch of great courses:

Portmarnock, Baltray, Portstewart, Castlerock, Ballyliffin, Royal Portrush and Royal Co. Down.

They then head to Scotland and play:

Renaissance, North Berwick, Muirfield, Kingsbarns, Elie, and Carnoustie.

I'm hosting him at my home club on Friday, but I'm also charging him a fee for the time I have spent organising this. I'm wondering if this is a business opportunity for me as I approach semi-retirement. I spend most of my life traveling through work and I love golf, so it seems like a win-win. What do you think? And who wants to be my 2nd customer? ;)

By the way, this could be construed as an advert / SPAM so please remove if you deem it so. I figure you know me, so you appreciate my ramblings.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
By the way, this could be construed as an advert / SPAM so please remove if you deem it so.
Not spam. :cool:

I think that's cool as hell, Mark! I hope it works out for you.

I do have to ask - and you don't have to answer - how much did that trip cost?!?

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
It wasn't cheap, but it ain't my cash! And that's with me hustling on accommodation and green fees. I have a good friend in Scotland and he's helped out on that side. In my view, it's an awesome trip and a chance to play some of the best links courses on the planet!

(So far its well north of $10K :eek:)

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
It wasn't cheap, but it ain't my cash! And that's with me hustling on accommodation and green fees. I have a good friend in Scotland and he's helped out on that side. In my view, it's an awesome trip and a chance to play some of the best links courses on the planet!

(So far its well north of $10K :eek:)
That actually seems reasonable for flights, accommodations, car rentals and 13 courses to play. How long is the total trip?

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
They paid for their own international flights. It was pretty cheap to fly internally one way from Ireland to Scotland.
Total trip is 13 days / 12 nights.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online