• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'm still alive.....

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
United States United States
Greg the feds restrict car glass to 70%. Most I see are 80-83%, so that clear looks like the glass at 75%.

What makes the product interesting is its ability to absorb heat from the asphalt and non solar sources. Sorta like a cooler in the sun.

That and its reaction to IR, because it darkens slightly in the heat.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
We got 2" of ice here last month. Power knocked out at home for 4 days due to the trees and limbs down. Eating cold chicken noodle soup and Cheez-Its for dinner by a single candle light is not as attractive as it might sound.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Next time I'll call you and you can send her over; I needed all the body heat I could get. :)

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
No. And none for sale within about 500 miles, either. I may have to buy one, and justify it to myself by taking it to the track. Some places don't have electricity in the pits and I like to keep the beer cool.

Wierd weather: still cold and rainy this morning and tomorrow is supposed to be 70F and sunny. Hope so, taking the old Pooschy to the track for test laps after the suspension rebuild. If I don't post on Monday, you'll know it didn't go well.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I'm amazed a track guy doesn't have a generator...I know that's pretty high on the list for the motorcycle track guys. But they run tire warmers, that's probably not an issue for you.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
The race guys might need them in the colder months. Around here the autocross guys spray water on their tires between runs because the rubber is melting. :)

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
That would be interesting. We mainly have Crawfish season, Planting season, grass cutting season, Football season etc.
I like the sound of crawfish and football seasons. The other two; not so much.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Made it to the track and back. Beautiful weather after it warmed up, 70F, and clear. Only spun out once due to driver error, so it wasn't too bad a weekend. But now I have a bent axle on the trailer I have to replace, from hitting an already dead deer on the Interstate.

It's always something.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Made it to the track and back. Beautiful weather after it warmed up, 70F, and clear. Only spun out once due to driver error, so it wasn't too bad a weekend. But now I have a bent axle on the trailer I have to replace, from hitting an already dead deer on the Interstate.

It's always something.
Its good, clean, expensive fun!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.