• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Inazone "arm lock" putter review

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I used a chest putter years ago and it was the best putting method ever. It was an advantage. This is like a normal putt but feels much more solid and is very confidence inspiring. (And Bernhardt still is anchoring but try and prove it).

But if it was really an advantage why didn’t everybody do it?

Kinda playing devils advocate, but every great putter ever-none used the long putter.

In a way it was similar to when Tiger started using the Nike Tour Accuracy, right around the time the Pro V1 came out. Most pros were using a wound ball. Within a short period of time, can’t remember how long, the wound ball was a thing if the last. That was an advantage everybody took to.

I’m not saying you should or shouldn’t use the arm lock, just making conversation. I putt well with my little 34” heel shafted odyssey. Or at least I did until I messed up my back.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Berhardt has "owned" the Champions tour for years. All I'm saying.

He for sure has and he also had the “balls” to laugh in the face of the ban, made a very minor adjustment to conform. And still dominates!! I’m just not sure if there could possibly be an (*) beside his name...

To Jim’s comment about hurting his back, first that sucks dude! Second I know of several fellas who switched to longer putters after injuries, saying it was much easier to stand taller. They also never switched back after the ban came into affect. They play for the enjoyment and don’t want to hurt themselves for the sake of a rule. Mind you they don’t play competitive golf, so who are they hurting??

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
The 80 year old in our group lost confidence in his Odyssey Two Ball. He had putted... and putted well... with that rascal for years. Within a matter of a couple weeks, the putter went south and he couldn't make anything with it. He dug out an old "broomstick" from eons ago. Yes, it is non-conforming. Yes, he anchors it. Still, his putting stroke has returned... along with his confidence. He's making everything. Says that standing taller, he can see the line.
I've been having trouble seeing the line. Did some carpet putting, this afternoon, with an arm lock Odyssey at the local golf shop. Weird look and feel. It was used and in good shape. May go back tomorrow and see if it's still there. Who knows. I might be the next "Kuch"!!!!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
The 80 year old in our group lost confidence in his Odyssey Two Ball. He had putted... and putted well... with that rascal for years. Within a matter of a couple weeks, the putter went south and he couldn't make anything with it. He dug out an old "broomstick" from eons ago. Yes, it is non-conforming. Yes, he anchors it. Still, his putting stroke has returned... along with his confidence. He's making everything. Says that standing taller, he can see the line.

I've been having trouble seeing the line. Did some carpet putting, this afternoon, with an arm lock Odyssey at the local golf shop. Weird look and feel. It was used and in good shape. May go back tomorrow and see if it's still there. Who knows. I might be the next "Kuch"!!!!

Who is he hurting? Other than maybe his buddy’s wallets. Which I am quite certain is some real high stakes!

It does feel and look a little weird at first, but what really doesn’t with this game? Once you see putts rolling along their intended line and then dropping... everything feels good after that!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Who is he hurting? Other than maybe his buddy’s wallets. Which I am quite certain is some real high stakes!

It does feel and look a little weird at first, but what really doesn’t with this game? Once you see putts rolling along their intended line and then dropping... everything feels good after that!!
Not hurting anyone. I could never understand the USGA's ban on anchored putters... or grooves... or COR... or .... If certain things make the game more fun for we rank amateurs, and for those considering taking up golf, let it be! I play my Eye 2's often and have never once had someone check my grooves.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Not hurting anyone. I could never understand the USGA's ban on anchored putters... or grooves... or COR... or .... If certain things make the game more fun for we rank amateurs, and for those considering taking up golf, let it be! I play my Eye 2's often and have never once had someone check my grooves.

You stole one of my next points or comments... I too have never really understood why there isn’t two different set of rules. Or a section just for competitive/professional golf. Leaving the rest for the regular shmoes who just want to enjoy the game and introduce someone new into it.

For the gentleman who has rediscovered his stroke and is back enjoying the game with his pals. I say F it sir, putt away with your broomstick, putt away!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
You stole one of my next points or comments... I too have never really understood why there isn’t two different set of rules. Or a section just for competitive/professional golf. Leaving the rest for the regular shmoes who just want to enjoy the game and introduce someone new into it.

For the gentleman who has rediscovered his stroke and is back enjoying the game with his pals. I say F it sir, putt away with your broomstick, putt away!!
He just turned 80 about 10 days ago. Plays golf EVERY day. If our course is closed, he will drive to find another place to play. Saturdays he only plays 9 holes. When he returns home after 9, he and his wife will go bicycling for 20 or 30 miles. I ain't tellin' him anything. I just hope at that age, I still have that much energy!!!!

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I give up. I can't get the distance with this. It's for sale at the club house. :(

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Glad it’s working for you!

On a side note, I don’t understand how these work and how these are legal but long putters aren’t?
Long putters are legal. Anchoring with any putter is illegal. The rules don't consider anything below the elbows to be anchoring, They consider it to be part of your grip.

I have a Tour Edge Super Soft 41" that I've been playing with the arm lock method with.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
I give up. I can't get the distance with this. It's for sale at the club house. :(
Sorry to hear that, WBL. Before you sell it, try putting with it with a somewhat normal stance and putting grip. Don't anchor it. Just let the "excess" shaft/grip above your hands point at your chest/neck/throat. Putt while thinking about keeping the shaft/grip pointed at the center of your chest.

It's a real pendulum putting move. It's deadly, even if you were to only use it to practice.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Long putters are legal. Anchoring with any putter is illegal. The rules don't consider anything below the elbows to be anchoring, They consider it to be part of your grip.

I have a Tour Edge Super Soft 41" that I've been playing with the arm lock method with.

Oh I know, my argument was more that if these are legal then the “anchored” stroke should be too. From what I’ve seen of this style your basically anchoring the grip to your forearm. Idk, I don’t use this method, a long putter or an anchored one. My argument for the anchored putter was that if it was such an advantage then every player would do it.

Whatever sinks putts!

🔥 Latest posts