• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Inazone putters

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
United States United States
No they're not! If I owned a club, I would want blondes. Even ugly blondes look hot from across the fairway. Blondes generate more revenue. :p

Blondes can't have that dark and mysterious look that drives men nuts! Get em to serving booze and giving golfers 'the look' and those gals won't be able to keep the coolers stocked and over flowing with tips!

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Diamond Tour Golf does not produce "tacky ass knockoffs" (except in your opinion). These heads are all made at the same foundries that make the OEM clubs over in China. Same ones. They have to change certain features due to trade dress laws, and the fact is that they have their own proprietary technology in each design, whether it is comparable to a brand name club or not. The driver that you are disparaging has its own technology that was developed specifically for Diamond Tour Golf. I also defy you to get an OEM brand name clubhead directly from the manufacturer. TaylorMade, PING, Nike, Cobra, Cleveland, etc., are not in the component business, and will not sell you a separated clubhead. You have to buy what they have (at whatever price you can get it for) and then begin your customization from that point. Most OEMs do not offer many shaft upgrade choices, usually no more than 3, when there are thousands of shaft varieties on the market that are superior to what they offer. So basically you would pay double for the club overall. Once for the club they sell, then the new shaft and grip that you really want in it. It is usually, unless you're a rich guy, very cost prohibitive to go this route.

In addition to offering economic and mid-priced custom clubs, I also offer premium clubheads from brands such as Miura, Geotech, Yururi, Crazy, Crews, Kamui Works, Alpha, KZG, Geek, SMT, Bang, MOI, Krank Golf, 300 Yard Golf, Nicklaus, and PowerBilt. Some of these (especially the Japanese heads) are $300 to $800 just for the driver heads, and when you put a $300 shaft on them, they get pretty pricey. Diamond Tour is a lower-cost alternative for those who don't want to spend a small fortune for clubs.

I don't have an issue with components, or fitting, or custum building. Really, I don't care that much at all. I'm just saying why make it to look damn near exactly the same as the RBZ at a fraction the cost? Why not make an original design at a fraction the cost? That's what's tacky about it. Maybe it is quality and if it is then all the better. And if they have their own technology even better yet. Good club at a good price... not a problem right? Why dress it up and label it "compare to TM" then? IN MY OPINION... that's tacky. It's semi-mooching off of the design and advertising dollars that other companies spend. IN MY OPINION that's tacky.

So what is a "premium" clubhead -vs- a Diamond Tour then? Is that in reference to name or quality? Nice groundwork by the way.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
... I'm just saying why make it to look damn near exactly the same as the RBZ at a fraction the cost? Why not make an original design at a fraction the cost? That's what's tacky about it. Maybe it is quality and if it is then all the better. And if they have their own technology even better yet. Good club at a good price... not a problem right? Why dress it up and label it "compare to TM" then? IN MY OPINION... that's tacky. It's semi-mooching off of the design and advertising dollars that other companies spend. IN MY OPINION that's tacky.

I agree. If it's a good club, you don't need to copy someone else.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Did I mention we tend to get off on tangents here at shottalk.com?

San Diego Steve

Mar 14, 2013
Country
I don't have an issue with components, or fitting, or custum building. Really, I don't care that much at all. I'm just saying why make it to look damn near exactly the same as the RBZ at a fraction the cost? Why not make an original design at a fraction the cost? That's what's tacky about it. Maybe it is quality and if it is then all the better. And if they have their own technology even better yet. Good club at a good price... not a problem right? Why dress it up and label it "compare to TM" then? IN MY OPINION... that's tacky. It's semi-mooching off of the design and advertising dollars that other companies spend. IN MY OPINION that's tacky.

So what is a "premium" clubhead -vs- a Diamond Tour then? Is that in reference to name or quality? Nice groundwork by the way.
I will try to answer some of your questions.

They do make some original designs, but the fact remains that there is a huge market for look-alike clubs. People want a club similar in design and performance to the big name brands. There are look-alikes for Nike, Callaway, PING, TM, Cleveland, and others. The performance of Diamond Tour Clubs, and the quality of the forgings and castings is on par with the OEM products.

A premium clubhead is one designed by a company to compete head-to-head (not side-by-side like the look-alike models) with the OEMs. SMT, Bang, 300 Yard, and Krank, to name just a few, are really big in the Long Drive tours, and SMT and Bang have gone back and forth with the world's record long drives for some time now. I have an SMT driver and Bang woods and irons, and it doesn't help me so much, but that's because I suck. In the right hands they are awesome clubs. The ones from Japan are for those status-seeking people with money to burn on "Golfing to Impress." They buy clubs like Fourteen, Srixon, Honma, Royal Collection, Bettinardi, Bruce Sizemore, and Romaro because these companies make expensive equipment and the buyers have money to burn.

Semi-mooching? Just like every metal wood is semi-mooching off TaylorMade's Original One (which I still have one of, BTW). Or every heel/toe weighted putter is semi-mooching off the original PING putter. Every single design has been copied in one way or the other, and as long as the club is not trying to fool people into believing that they are buying the brand name (as is the case with counterfeit clubs, which is now running rampant in the golf club industry and needs to be stopped!), then it is well within the norm to "borrow" looks and designs from what is currently popular.

One man's tacky is another man's thing of beauty. I don't like the looks of a lot of clubs out there, but I don't mind the looks of the LPT Series II drivers at all.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
It's actually not even semi... it's mooching. Designs have been copied, but what i'm talkin about is the almost identical paint scheme with the intent of looking alike and then even dubbing it "compare to so&so". And naming it to sound similar. To me that's one small loophole away from being couterfeit. I just don't dig it man.

The putters don't bother me for some reason... probably because it's just white paint, on the models i've seen. TM doesn't own white. Not that big a deal. Inazone has it's own catchy brand name that doesn't play off of the name of a popular putter... ya know what i'm sayin?

San Diego Steve

Mar 14, 2013
Country
Inazone is sold by DTG. And I don't see the blatant similarity between the Rocketballz Stage 2 and the LPT Series II. LPT stands for "Launch Pad Technology."

This is what the company has as a description:

"The Turner LPT (Launch Pad Technology) Series II Driver is designed to hit the golf ball longer, higher, and straighter. The larger hitting area of the face combined with a more forward weight screw position creates an optimal center of gravity to promote low spin/high launch conditions. The Beta Titanium 360 Cup Face Design improves ball speed dramatically for more distance by increasing the rebound effect, or COR of the face, to the maximum USGA limit. The design is ultra aerodynamic which allows golfers to increase their clubhead speed for longer tee shots and improves confidence at address. Not to mention, the white crown and black club face looks great in the bag. If you are looking for the ultimate in driver technology, look no further than the Turner LPT Series II.
  • Comparable to the TaylorMade® RocketBallz Stage 2 Driver"
Sounds like they are
  1. Using quality Beta Ti
  2. Using cup face technology
  3. Keeping up with the white clubhead trend that many other companies use now
  4. Naming their club with originality and imagination, while still acknowledging where the concept originated.
  5. Giving due credit by saying "comparable to" the name brand
I don't see the problem, but to each their own. I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree on this subject. I am not in favor of cheaply made, inferior knockoffs, and would not use them in making clubs. However, I have done a great deal of business with this company over the years, and they have an outstanding reputation in the custom clubmaking world, and they make very solid performing equipment.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006

Members online

No members online now.