• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Inspired by R35

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Venice -wasnt there long enough last time

Venice is great, for some reason a lot of jaded tourists despise it and always claim it's dirty. I have been there twice and like it more everytime. One of the few cities I have been to that is exactly as it's portrayed in pictures, movies, etc. Sure it's touristy, that's why we want to go because we are tourists.

Jake if you make it back over there Verona is a must see city as well. Home to Juliet, well supposedly anyways. It's not that far from Venice and is well worth a day trip. Milan and Pisa however are shitholes and I wouldn't waste 2 minutes going to either one ever again.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
1. Grand Canyon, and I want to take the Jeep, my wife, and the dog.
2. New Zealand
3. Australia (2&3 would be in the same trip)
4. Scotland
5. Rock's house, because it's in Canada and I want to drink beer/talk crap with R35.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Go in summer - you want no part of SK in winter

Yes, and no.

Ice fishing or hockey are always fun. And, you can drink beer doing both.

But, as you have touched on, mostly no. But the summers are outstanding.

R35

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Venice is great, for some reason a lot of jaded tourists despise it and always claim it's dirty. I have been there twice and like it more everytime. One of the few cities I have been to that is exactly as it's portrayed in pictures, movies, etc. Sure it's touristy, that's why we want to go because we are tourists.

Jake if you make it back over there Verona is a must see city as well. Home to Juliet, well supposedly anyways. It's not that far from Venice and is well worth a day trip. Milan and Pisa however are shitholes and I wouldn't waste 2 minutes going to either one ever again.

Oh I know. Verona would be on the top 10 list. I didn't mind Pisa but I don't have a desire to go back either, one day was enough. Just had to get the standard photo pushing over the tower.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
1. Canada - I haven't exactly narrowed it down specifically but i know some people that go up there every year for the fishing. Also would like to take a Canadian Moose.
2. Alaska - Grizzly Bear. Nuff said.
3. Grand Canyon - I'm pretty sure my parents took me there when I was young, but I don't remember it.
4. Hawaii - For the volcano's. Guy at work goes there every year and takes pictures, there is some amazing sights down there.
5. Germany - Heritage

This is more in order of how feasible it would be to get there. My number 1 on the list would be Africa for some dangerous game hunting but i doubt i'll ever make it out there.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
1. Canada - I haven't exactly narrowed it down specifically but i know some people that go up there every year for the fishing. Also would like to take a Canadian Moose.

You have to get drawn for a moose. And, when you do, tags are $325 before you've spent a cent getting here. Then, once you do, you pay outfitter non-resident fees. Then, you go out, and maybe get a shot at one.

It's an extremely expensive endeavour.

R35

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
You have to get drawn for a moose. And, when you do, tags are $325 before you've spent a cent getting here. Then, once you do, you pay outfitter non-resident fees. Then, you go out, and maybe get a shot at one.

It's an extremely expensive endeavour.

R35

Oh, i'm completely aware of the expenses involved in hunting moose above the boarder.

It's almost as expensive when we go out to Wyoming to hunt Elk. The thing that makes it much cheaper is that we have friends out there that know the public land extremely well and we don't have to pay for any type of guiding service.

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Oh, i'm completely aware of the expenses involved in hunting moose above the boarder.

It's almost as expensive when we go out to Wyoming to hunt Elk. The thing that makes it much cheaper is that we have friends out there that know the public land extremely well and we don't have to pay for any type of guiding service.

Go to Newfoundland. Guaranteed you'll bag one. It's a long haul from where you are tho

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
1. Hawaii - it's pretty commercialized now but it's still Heaven.
2. New Zealand - I want to hunt there.
3. Brazil - I want to see the festivals where (as Anthony Bordain says) "the smell of ass crack permeates the air".
4. Germany - I want to drive on the autoban
5. Alaska - I want to see real wilderness

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
New Zealand
Argentina / Brazil
Hawai
Canada
South Africa

Surprised that more haven't added Ireland. Always figured it was a haven. Seems that Scotland and England have better looking women! :)

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada

we moose hunt just south of Dryden, Ontario in an area just of the highway from dryden to fort francis, Ontario. This year my BIL shot the biggest bull I have ever seen in 22 years of hunting. It won moose of the year, and had a rack over 5 feet wide
ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b399_biglyle2_7929_309192125327_541375327_9378523_4143115_n.jpg

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
we moose hunt just south of Dryden, Ontario in an area just of the highway from dryden to fort francis, Ontario. This year my BIL shot the biggest bull I have ever seen in 22 years of hunting. It won moose of the year, and had a rack over 5 feet wide
ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b399_biglyle2_7929_309192125327_541375327_9378523_4143115_n.jpg

That is a solid moose. Do you know the rack score?

R35

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country

Ho Lee Sh*t

Nice Moose!

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
That is a solid moose. Do you know the rack score?

R35

no idea. Here is a pic of him holding the rack after we cut it off. Keep in mind Colin is 6'3 and weighs 225 for a good sense of scale.

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b399_biglyle2_7929_309192210327_541375327_9378534_2066821_n.jpg

🔥 Latest posts