• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
You've been lurking for quite some time Greg, I'm glad you finally made it in the door. :)

love2golf

Aug 24, 2005
Hello all! My name is Brian, I am 31 and I live in the Heartland of America: Omaha, Nebraska. No cows here! The metropolitan area has a population of around 1M, believe it or not, and still growing. Anyways, this year is my first year of playing serious golf, although I usually got out a couple times a year for the past 10-12 years, but was never any good and never had good equipment. I am now an addict and can't get enough. Its weird, I will get up at 6 am to play any day, and I am not a morning person at all and never have been. I love the smell, the sound, the feel of golf and I love being outdoors.....It's awesome!!! I enjoy the challenge of improving everyday and the competition. I pretty much eat, drink and sleep golf!

I am pretty much a double bogey golfer. Every now and then I will pull a bogey round out. I have improved a lot this year, but obviously still have a longggg way to go. I am one of those players that has a great practice swing and can usually put it together on the range, but cant take it to the course, so I think its mostly a mental thing for me....I think too much instead of just swinging the club. Practice makes perfect, though....I hope!

I have two sets of irons; wilson di-5s (FOR SALE, almost brand new) and graphite callaway big berthas which I use and love. A Cleveland Launcher with a 65R aldila shaft, Wilson deep red graphite 3-wood (love it), and a Ping tsi 5 wood. Putter is nothing special.

I look forward to chatting with everyone and hope to maybe learn a thing or two here. Go Huskers!!!

EDSGolf

Aug 24, 2005
Hi everyone,

Looks like a nice friendly forum. My username is EDSGolf, I've been golfing now for 10 years. I'm also in the golf industry and provide Myrtle Beach golf packages. Looking forward to chit-chats.

AEmedic

no-pro
Aug 26, 2005
Hey All,

I'm new to the board and pretty new to golf. I got roped into playing a scramble with 3 others that have a little more golf time than I do. Prior to that day I had only hit balls on the range. I'm hooked and looking to have my first lesson.
I'll be lurking and asking questions I'm sure.
BTW, I'm in the Air Force and stationed at Malmstrom AFB, Great Falls, MT.

Chris

manik

Clubmaker Extrordinaire
Aug 26, 2005
how's it goin?

i've been golfing on an off for years. i dont really have time to practice enough though. i also enjoy building my own clubs.

jeff

Custard

Aug 29, 2005
Hi i live near Birmingham W.Midlands Uk about 20 Mins Drive from The Belfry.

I play of 13 and have played for around 15 years
Look forward to talking and reading here in the future

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Custard said:
Hi i live near Birmingham W.Midlands Uk about 20 Mins Drive from The Belfry.

I play of 13 and have played for around 15 years
Look forward to talking and reading here in the future

You don't have that accent, do you...?

Played the Belfry a few years back. Oh, the Bel Air nightclub...!

Custard

Aug 29, 2005
yes i do have THAT accent.The Bel Air is a great night club plenty do do and see there!

Matty

Aug 30, 2005
Hi everyone, im Matty im 20 years old, been playing properly now for about a year, getting better quite quick, fingers crossed it carries on, lol.

1st Tee

Aug 31, 2005
hey evryone my names matt, ive been golfing for about 3 years now. im 14 and i have a bad slice.

DaveLeeNC

Sep 2, 2005
Another New Guy

Mid 50's, 6'ish handicap, relatively recently retired from IBM so have plenty of time to play/practice - have to find some other excuse for poor ballstriking :)

I'm fortunate to have retired to Pinehurst, NC and play regularly at Pinehurst Resort and CC. If they cut the rough for member/guest play like they did for the US Open this year, a round of golf would take 9 hours and my handicap would be more like 60 :)

dave

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
Hi there everyone. Nice golf forum here.

I'm a 50 year old from Saskatoon, SK, Canada. Yep, another Canuck on board!:canadafla

I've been golfing off and on for close to 30 years, but I finally started taking it seriously about 5 years ago. At the start of this season, my handicap was about 12.50, but it's been slowly dropping to 9.10. Hopefully I can maintain that trend until the end of the golf season here which is usually in mid-October. My average score is 84 and my personal best is 73.

I work at a local TV station in the videotape department. The shift work leaves me plenty of opportunities for golf during the week.

My home course is the Saskatoon West Course, but my favourite course is the Waskesiu Golf Course in Prince Albert National Park.

I have one ace, back in 1989.

josh

Sep 3, 2005
hi my names josh i live in England i started playing golf about six weeks ago and im comletely hooked, im 15 years old i practice every week on the range and i have only played on a golf course once, the golf course is called gaudet luce has anyone ever heard of it? probly not but if you have please reply it's quite a nice course but it's very flat. anyway i've gotta go bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.