• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
Howdy. I'm a hacker who broke 100 for the first time ever yesterday, which actually had me pleased as punch since before a couple of weeks ago, I hadn't golfed in over 5 years, and last year my right shoulder was so bad I couldn't lift my arm above shoulder level.

Patt

Northern Duffer
Aug 29, 2005
My name is Patt, and I live in Northern Alberta, Canada. I currently play to a 6, though it has been as low as 4. Although I love where I live, I do wish the golf season lasted longer than May-October. My low round for the year is a 73, and my goal is to shoot par (or less!)

The following picture is from last Tuesday (Aug 30, 2005) on the 13th hole at my local course.

rainbow5.jpg

links_man

Sep 7, 2005
Hello Everybody

I have a fever. I havn't played in about 6 years and I'm not quite sure why. I retired a couple of years ago and have finally finished doing everything else. Now it's time to get serious. I've got everything together and I'm ready to go, I just need to find some patiant people to go with so I can work on my game. If you know anybody in the MD, WV, Northern VA, Southern PA, DC suburbs looking for a fourth, please let me know.

Kung Po Joe

Sep 8, 2005
Hello

I'm a 27 year old Graphic Designer from Leeds (UK). I took up golf seriously this year. been playing on and off for a few years. I have joined today, partly because I am interested in gauging the interest of golfers in websites that are golf related and partly because I LOVE golf. Gold webdesign is a saturated market but wondered if you would post your favourite and least favouite sites and what you would like to see from your local club website.

I have started this thread to see what your opinions are.

Aggie

Sep 9, 2005
Hi ya'll I'm... Aggie! I grew up with golf all around me and now I live 1/5 of a mile away from my country club. I am approximently an 18 handicap and I play golf every day. I live in central Texas and (obviously) I'm a fan of Texas A&M. I'm a freshman in high school and ya'll can just look in my profile to see what's in the bag. All right then... See ya'll later!

DrBrown

Hack Numero Uno
Sep 2, 2005
Howdy partners! :p

My name is Dan, I live very close to Firestone CC in Akron Ohio and Ive grown up with golf tourny's going on across the road all my life. Im 24 years old, Im a webmaster and I have a 7 handicap and looking to get that back down to scratch in the near future. So anyway just thought I would say whats up to everyone. Happy playing and CHEERS!

Boab Bruce

Fedaykin
Sep 13, 2005
Hi All

Hi everyone

thought I would introduce myself.
I am 30 and have just started playing again after quite a long time away from the game, about 15/16 years roughly (can't remember exactly when I stopped)I am originally from a small village about 12 miles outside Glasgow in Scotland :D I now live in England near Birmingham.You can see my swing on a movie I posted in the pictures section.I have no clubs at the moment so I am borrowing a different set every time I have the oppertunity for a game.I joined here to hopefully pick up some tips and improve my play ( when I get going again properly) and also to have some fun and share some stories.I hit a 7 iron about 180 odd yards and probably drive around 230-250 yds.Mostly at a 45 degree angle but im working on that lol :p

z26golf

Sep 17, 2005
Hello all,

I'm in the Navy and just hit the three year mark. I've been playing since i was 5, 23 yrs old now, and I'm a 17 handicap. I had a lot of breaks in my game so I never really developed a fluid swing until a year ago. But hopefully here I'll be able to learn some things and maybe give out a few tips as well.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Welcome z26!

Do the alot of the bases have courses?

I vaguely remember playing at Pensacola NAS about 20 years ago.

OP
L

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
There's also the Navy Seals Golf course in Cypress, near Orange County in South Cal.
Nice course.
There's some kind of airport with helicopters flying around near the course.

z26golf

Sep 17, 2005
most of the large bases around here have courses. There are two 18 hole courses on nas oceana, one on little creek, one on norfolk, and a few across the bay on langley and other bases.

There is a base back home in illinois on the rock island arsenal, however its a private club, on a military base???...I just went today and shot my best of the season too, 12 over!!! Plus I birdied a par 5 that I have never even got par on!! All while the blue angles were making noise

I played at pensacola three years ago right out of boot camp and played horribly. It was a well layed out design though.

youngduffer

Sep 25, 2005
Hello All

Hey guys. My name is Sam and I am 15 years old residing in southern pennsylvania. I currently carry a 10 handicap and am steadily working on getting it down. Im a freshman in high school and I play number 5 for the varsity team at my school. My home course is Pleasant Valley Golf Course(public). I play there everyday during the week, usually a quick 9 after school.

In the bag...

Titleist 983 E Driver
Titleist DCI 908 Irons 3-pw
Tommy Armour Evo 56* Sand Wedge
Pal Joey 60* Lob Wedge
Taylor Made 3 and 5 wood
Tour Made Putter

Hope to be on the site often, and I am always looking for someone new to play with

Sam

SonicBoomGolf

Oct 3, 2005
Hey all. My name is Jason. I am 25 years old and live right outside of the wonderful city of Chicago. I've been an avid golfer for about 13 years and the game continues to put me in my place like clock work.

I currently work for Corporate America working with SAP and BW (computer stuff). I have also started a golf conditioning company that you can visit by checking out my profile.

I currently play to a 6 handicap, but I have no idea how it stays that low. I typically take the scenic route around the course. I figure if I am paying all that money I might as well get the full tour. The problem stems from my 140 MPH swing speed. Really nice when it goes right. Really horrible when it goes wrong. Needless to say, my style of play is a LITTLE aggressive. Narrow fairways are my sworn enemy.

I play some knock off Nike irons. They get the job done for me and they were custom made for pretty cheap.

If you have any fitness questions, throw them my way. I look forward to talking with you all and sharing stories!

Status
Not open for further replies.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.