• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Irish Open Update

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
So things have been quietly progressing at the course. I went up last night and took some pictures. We have three weeks to go and things are looking good so far. They have an on-site team of constructors, several grandstands have gone at the par three holes and practice ground.

Growth conditions have been perfect, some heat and a lot of rain. The rough is really starting to spring up a la Erin Hills. Greens are rolling well although they have kept a bit of length in them, I expect they will be perfect in early July. The courses close soon so I will try and do a vBlog of my last round.

The last picture is interesting, I grabbed it off a FB feed. It shows someone mapping our 18th green, probably on behalf of the tour or to sell to the players. Looks like an interesting process.

More pics to follow.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 1st tee.jpg
    1st tee.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Balls.jpg
    Balls.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Played my final game on our course on Saturday until...The Irish Open!

As you can see in the photos, the set up really taking shape. The fairways and greens are in great shape, the rough now is brutal. As you can see we are required to play off a mat to avoid divots.

I really struggled on front nine, 46 out, spent a lot of time chopping back to the short grass. Things improved somewhat on the back, I got the driver going as well as the putter and I raced home in 36. No more golf for two weeks now. I'm off for a week with the family on holiday to Croatia. Then back for some championship golf.on

Pictures are:

2 complimentary tickets for members.
The 18th at 7am!
My son driving on the new 14th hole
My second shot on 18, off a mat.

Attachments

• tickets.jpg
    tickets.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 18thii.jpg
    18thii.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 65