• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

iron covers

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I did a quick search but didn't find anything - sorry if this has been asked before (and also sorry to those that are offended by the topic)

Anyway, my grandfather used to use small plastic iron covers and they kept his forged blades in amazing shape

they were small, almost like they were made to fit the club and made of a soft plastic, maybe vinyl, and slipped onto the toe and covered the head down to the hosel - when you looked at his bag, it looked like his irons were black plastic, but you could still see they were golf clubs, not just a crazy headcover

now that I've got the Wishon 560s in the bag, I figured I should try to take care of them - at least while they're riding around in the back of the car or something

I've looked for iron covers, and they all seem to be very large neoprene contraptions that I'm guessing would likely slip off the clubs and get lost anyway

has anyone seen any smaller iron covers?

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I used to use those small vinyl ones too. I still have a set and a part of set around here somewhere. They were great for forged irons but definitely wouldn't fit on any of the newer oversized clubs. Walmart of all places has some soft vinyl iron covers that are great for oversize irons -- I think they are Castle Bay or something like that and only around $10 for 3i-PW, SW set.

Since I can't seem to find the small vinyl ones anymore, I have started using these Iron Covers.

The "regular size" covers are quite compact, have a nice soft feel and embroidered club numbers so the numbers won't rub off like the vinyl ones with inked numbers do. I got a set of them for my wedges last year and found they go on and off pretty quickly (easier than the vinyl ones). They are lightly padded so they really protect the clubs well. So far they seem pretty tough, I think they'll last well. If I had a nice set of Mizzy or Titleist forged irons I'd definitely be using them.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Club Glove makes neoprene for small and forged heads. Best you can get, easily.

Check them out.

R35

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
I've been looking around a lot at these and the Club Glove brand looks like the best out there. I don't have sonme snazzy musclebacks or anything but I want my clubs to look decent, even if iron covers make you a dork! I recently bought a club glove putter cover for my old ass Spalding TP Mills putter to help keep it nice a little longer and it works great.

Another vote for Club Glove!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
And then go back to Wal-Greed again every six months when those cheesy things wear out.

Get the Club Goves. They cost less in the long run.

Agreed. The "neoprene" in them is worthless. It turns hard and pulverizes to dust.

Club Glove. Best $25 you'll spend.

R35

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Go to Readygolf.com and look up iron headcovers...better than the Club Golves because they have a reinforced em, the nmbers are stitched on to the sides and not a silly tag...same padded neopreme material....come in a variety of colors, sizes and cheaper than Club Gloves.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Go to Readygolf.com and look up iron headcovers...better than the Club Golves because they have a reinforced em, the nmbers are stitched on to the sides and not a silly tag...same padded neopreme material....come in a variety of colors, sizes and cheaper than Club Gloves.

Neoprene Club Glove headcovers are $19 straight from Club Glove. By my math, that's cheaper than Readygolf. They have reinforced seams, just the same. They also have a 1 year, no questions asked warranty. Mine are damn near 3 years old and look brand new.

And the "silly tag" you speak of....that's really stretching...lol.;)

R35

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Neoprene Club Glove headcovers are $19 straight from Club Glove. By my math, that's cheaper than Readygolf. They have reinforced seams, just the same. They also have a 1 year, no questions asked warranty. Mine are damn near 3 years old and look brand new.

And the "silly tag" you speak of....that's really stretching...lol.;)

R35
You are comparing the Ready golf covers to the CHEAP Club gloves....Club Glove has padded ($33.95) and un padded at $19...the Ready's are Padded at $15 bucks cheaper than the $33.95 counterparts..

As far as the silly tag...it IS stupid...and fades from exposure.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Another vote for the CLub Golves. I have the regular Club Glove size on my Wilson Staff FG-17's and they stay on with zero problem. Since the FG-17's are from the early to mid-80's with really smalle club head, I was initially worried, but I have yet to lose a cover.

hypergolf

Mar 6, 2007
Just bought a Mizuno iron covers today to match the new MP60s. Really no rattling sounds. But took them off at home. Will put them back on when I am going to put them in my trunk :laugh:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
You are comparing the Ready golf covers to the CHEAP Club gloves....Club Glove has padded ($33.95) and un padded at $19...the Ready's are Padded at $15 bucks cheaper than the $33.95 counterparts..

As far as the silly tag...it IS stupid...and fades from exposure.

Three years and no fading for me. For the $20 I spent, I'll call that money well spent.

Padded? These work just fine. My 30's look like the day I bought them, save some face wear.

I have a set of padded CG's as well. They're 3 times the size and bulk the hell out my my carry bag. I'll take the neoprene "unpadded" version for the $19 any day of the week. They do the job.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.