• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Iron Loft Adjustment

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Now that i've settled on blades and have had a chance to play them, i'm not sure i like the trajectory on my short irons, they seem to go too high and just get thrown around by the wind, i need a lower ball flight for the short irons, pending a couple more rounds/range trips. if i go into the shop to get them adjusted, what process will they have me do,?what do i need to look for? and would it be better for this to be done indoors or outdoors? on real grass or artificial turf?

thanks

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
If it is a loft adjustment they will bend the club stronger or less loft. If you are talking about short irons you will need to hit them out doors to see how they react.
When we do it we will bend them up to 3 times at no charge to get them right.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
You can bend the irons,to reduce the loft,but are you sure its not a swing fault? Its easy to play short irons to far in youir stance,you can be convinced the ball is in the middle of the stance and yet its actually a couple of inches farther forward than that

there should be no reason to reduce the lofts,most low hc players hit them low and with 80%ish power for accuracy,maybe you are just hitting them too hard

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
thats a good point dave, i naturally lose distance in these irons, i attributed it to weak lofts and too much spin, i'm having to swing hard to get the ball to go the same distance as my old irons, next round, i'm going to use a prov1x instead of the reg. prov. to reduce some spin. swing slower and take my distance loss and see what that does for my trajectory. i thought blades were supposed to go lower than CB's anyway...? its good b/c i was gonna head to the range and get my distances anyway, i might as well make these changes now. i'll hold off for a bit until i'm sure i really need to get them adjusted

🔥 Latest posts