• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Iron set recommendations?

Component and clone can be alright. If you're going to go that route check out the site sponsors. Indacup golf or Victory. Rory at Indacup can be very helpful.

I think clones are fine. I guess the only problem is the tolerances...lofts may be a little off. Some people say the casting can have imperfections like air bubbles in the metal but I don't think that is anything to worry about. I say if you find some irons that you like...get em.

I know they are not clones, but the Maltby MMBs that are currently in my bag were dead on to loft and lie as stated in the catalog after I put them together.

I know they are not clones, but the Maltby MMBs that are currently in my bag were dead on to loft and lie as stated in the catalog after I put them together.

Components are superior to clones in this regard...imo. I think more people should buy components and get fit for them instead of buying the newest razor-rocket irons off the shelf.

Putting together my own clubs is something that sounds really cool. How hard is it to do something like that?
Careful my friend! It's addicting!!!

You have come to the right place if you are going to build though!

Golfsmith an Golfworks both have instructional videos on how to build clubs thy can be helpful, or you can ask us.

Careful my friend! It's addicting!!!

You have come to the right place if you are going to build though!

Golfsmith an Golfworks both have instructional videos on how to build clubs thy can be helpful, or you can ask us.

See that's what I'm afraid of! I already love golf so much and that if I did a good job at it I'll be starting my own collection lol

See that's what I'm afraid of! I already love golf so much and that if I did a good job at it I'll be starting my own collection lol
I started building because nobody around me did it, not even grips. I dont do it as much as i used to but am thinking about reviving the business this year. i was doing club work for alot of my friends etc, grips, shafts.

I don't have a loft/lie machine but woud LOVE one. I have made more money buying clubs, breaking them apart and selling them on eBay so I could buy and try more stuff.

Seriously, if you want to get into it you are in the right place!

Haha I'll have to keep that in mind. I wasn't thinking of making any money, I was more a long the lines of being able to make my clubs however I want and not be at the mercy of a store or fitter that would charge me ridiculously for what I can do in the garage

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54