1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Is this normal?

Discussion in 'No Golf For You!' started by SiberianDVM, Mar 3, 2019.

1. bdcrowe

bdcrowe ST Homeland Security

I never really thought to try it as I was happy with my "5 lessons" swing and I'd heard that the S&T had a tendency to cause a hook. Well, I went to Hogan to fight a hook. Why would I want that back?

The past several months, I've figured out there was a lot of misunderstanding about the S&T. I'm hitting fairly straight to baby draw--a huge change from my old fade. I was afraid I'd lose distance, but I've actually picked some up, probably because my old man shoulders and back had lost quite a bit of rotation in the back swing and the S&T straightening back leg frees my hips up to take the club back a bit further.

Anyway... Hope all works out well for you.

2. SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM I love Hooters Moderator

United States United States
    God, this can be so frustrating. I was hitting my short irons decent, hybrids and woods shitty. Looked at "Easy Swing" videos, and got better at hitting hybrids and woods. Then: can't hit the irons!! Tops, shanks, hooks, slices. Shit!!
    Took me 2 days and 2 buckets of balls to figure out I was too far away from the ball and swinging too flat. Finally figured it out and the irons are fixed.
    Now I know why pros have swing coaches.

If it doesn't storm tomorrow, I'm going to try playing in a tourney for the first time in over a year.

3. bdcrowe

bdcrowe ST Homeland Security

I recently went through similar. Couldn't hit irons for anything. Disgusting. Moved closer to the ball and making better contact than I've ever made.

PaPaD likes this.
  4. PaPaD

PaPaD Club ho, geezer........ Supporting Member

United States United States
    NEVER say those words.......you just cursed yourself. The Golf Gods will NOT allow prosperity.