• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Itching for irons

titan107

Reaction score
I have been looking at a new set of irons and have narrowed it down between the callaway x-20 and the TM r7. What do ya'll think?

I have been looking at a new set of irons and have narrowed it down between the callaway x-20 and the TM r7. What do ya'll think?

From what I've heard, that's a pretty tough choice. I've played around with the R7's and they felt pretty darn nice (and I've never liked TM irons - except the TP blades, which are the most beautiful clubs on the planet, IMO - too bad I can't hit 'em...)

People who play them seem to like the X-20's a lot.

Can you demo them for a round? Seems to me that would be the best thing. If not, and you've done some testing and like them both, then I would say buy the set that fits your eye.

Id say R7s I tried out the X20s and they just didnt seem to consistent for my swing but this is my messed up swing so its probably gonna be different for you. If you havent go demo, X20s are more of a game improvement iron though and R7 are more of a players iron.

Taylormade's have a face progression of 6.5 mm in the 3iron to 4.2 in the PW, this is the offset. The PW is 45 and the 3 iron is 20, 4i is 22 btw and a 25* 5iron. This set is basically made to use a hybrid and a GW IMO. Save your money and play 5-PW, use the $$ for a 20-22* hybrid and a 50* wedge.

Callaway on the other hand does not even list any specs whatsoever on their irons. :confused:

thanks and I agree with the comment about callaway not listing their offset specs

If I was buying irons I would defiantly go with the Callaway X20 tours instead of the R7’s for the simple fact that the T-Step shaft sucks. Too light, too high launch, and horrible feel. If you can find a set with Dynamic Golds or Royal Precision’s Rifle or Project X already in them go for it. I believe the X20’s come with flighted Project X shafts but that might only be the X20 tour versions. I put some flighted rifles in my LT2’s and the difference is night and day, much better. Don’t get me wrong I like Taylormade clubs but if they keep putting in sh*t stock shafts in their heads I won’t buy another set form them.

have you tried the mizzy mx-25's? they are great CB sticks..

have you tried the mizzy mx-25's? they are great CB sticks..

I'd take those over either one.

Personally if I was to go with a more game improvement iron I'd look for set of Miura CB-301's or possible Mauruman's. I've seen both in 9+ condition for $400 and less.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520