• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

It's happening again...

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
This has GOT to be the curse of the Canadian golf season. It happens to me every year during the winter months and although my inner club Ho approves... It's something I really want to at least attempt and control. Even if just a little. What I'm talking about is the fact, I don't NEED any new clubs, none at all. But here I sit at home being flooded with all these new clubs advertisement after ad. Of course this is my own doing. I'm the one sitting here watching the golf channel and buying the magazines...

Now I find myself thinking... hmmm a new driver, or some wedges, or yet another putter...

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
It takes over. I've said it many times... it's an addiction. It's an addiciton I can't crawl out of. "Hello. My name is Limpalong and I am a golfclubaholic!" But...

I don't gamble. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't hunt. I don't fish. I can't even fart any more without worrying about 'sliders'!!! At 68, I have two vices... golf and coffee. Anymore, the coffee is almost as expensive as the golf clubs!!!!

It's been all I can do to keep from picking up a couple of new wedges and at least three sets of nice used irons I have my eyes on. I have been able... sweating and going through the DT shakes... talk myself out of doing anything until the first of the year. Once January comes, perhaps I can talk myself into waiting until Spring. I doubt it.

Driver, wedges, putter?? Sitting up there in the far North, can't you just feel the ball coming off the face of the new driver and see the ball landing far beyond where any other driver has taken you. Wedges? When you live in a land that allows you barely days to play golf between snows, wouldn't it be nice to see that ball hop once and stop right next to the hole. And, when you do hit an errant shot and have a 30 FT putt to know that brand new putter will read the green for you and you'll putt like Tiger Woods used to. Come on!!! Do it!!! What else do I have to do to be an "enabler"???!!!!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
This has GOT to be the curse of the Canadian golf season. It happens to me every year during the winter months and although my inner club Ho approves... It's something I really want to at least attempt and control. Even if just a little. What I'm talking about is the fact, I don't NEED any new clubs, none at all. But here I sit at home being flooded with all these new clubs advertisement after ad. Of course this is my own doing. I'm the one sitting here watching the golf channel and buying the magazines...

Now I find myself thinking... hmmm a new driver, or some wedges, or yet another putter...
Do it! You know you want to!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Real golfers buy new clubs in the off season.

So...are you a real golfer??

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Like a Super Dick!
superdick_1.jpg

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country

Or a new iron set.

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Or a new iron set.

My irons are probably the only items safe in my bag really... I'm not saying I wouldn't buy a second, "backup" iron set. But my MP's aren't going anywhere any time soon.

Honestly it's wedges and drivers that again have my attention this winter. The BB Alpha 815 has my eye as well as the new offerings from Titleist. The G30 is also a viable option at this point too. As for wedges I could go either way as well, the Mack Daddy's are nice and I've always like Cleveland's wedges too... Oh what to do??

🔥 Latest posts