• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

It's Packer Time

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
The post Brett Favre era begins. In 40 minutes. Instead of seeing Aaron Rodgers lead the Pack to victory with a half time break devoted to the retirement of Brett's number, Packer fans sit on the edge of their seats waiting to see if the new guy is good enough to justify trading Favre to the Jets.

I'm comfortable with Rodgers at the helm. I'm a Packer fan first, a Brett Favre fan second. If the defense is up to the task of keeping Adrian Peterson in check, I see a victory for the Pack. If they take the lead and force the Vikings to throw, it should be a no brainer.

Packers 23
Vikings 13

Nice win by the Bears yesterday. Nice win by the Lions, too. Wait, that's wrong. It's the same old Lions.

Kevin

Is that chicken wings I smell in the ovens?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
What channel is it on?

I'll be rooting for the Vikings, my dad's team.

OP
Esox

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
ESPN, but if you're in NM you may be getting the second game of the doubleheader. The moronic Broncos vs the ridiculous Raiders.

Rogers just threw a TD pass. Brett Favre style!

Kevin

There were chicken wings in the ovens. They're now chicken bones.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Kyle Orton for MVP!!!! :biglol:

Gosh I still can't believe we won.

Good game by Rodgers. Guess he has learn a lot benching to someone like Favre.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
STUPID STUPID STUPID penalties on BOTH teams...like 23 penalty flags or something? Rediculous.

Rockin game, some really great passes/catches.

Solid game, i am really glad whats his name threw that interception at the end though...i was worried we wouldnt be able to hold them.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
There were times that Rogers looked a lot like some other quarterback that use to play for Green Bay.

Good game.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
YES!

There were several times last night i watched Aaron do something, and thought...dang, that was exactly something Favre would do. Just they way he carried himself, his mannerisims...very much like Favre.

They showed first game stats of Favre VS Rodgers and rodgers was right there with him, the only thing he was short on was total passing yards but rodgers had a better completion percentage.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
That beautiful TD Rodgers threw to Driver should not have been called back. That was a seriously questionable call.

Rodgers is going to be a solid QB for the Packers. His only problems came from the moronic offensive line making all those penalties. The Vikings need one badly. Jackson is NOT NFL material and to put someone like him in charge of a very good football team is insanity. :prop:

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Jackson took some pretty good shots last night.

Rodgers had a couple of over-throws last night, better over-thrown than intercepted though.

Even bigger suprise to me(i didnt get to see any pre-season) was there was only 1 fumble between a brand new center and a first time quarterback...not bad.

I think the ref's were being WAY too picky with some stuff, but then i saw several penalties that didnt ge called too...

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
According to GM, Rodgers plays off a 6 or 7 as well. :D

Good game, but I wanted to see the Vikings do it.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I know this is completely unrelated, but ever since hearing this song, this is all I can think of any time someone says
"It's ___________ Time."
Please refrain from such pointless, gay nonsense in the future. We're talking about football here, for Ditka's sake...
Thank you for your cooperation.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online