• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I've had it with this swing caddie SC200

Uncle Azzhole

Jack of all trades, azzhole in all of them...
Apr 30, 2018
Salem Oregon
Country
United States United States
When I fist got it a couple months ago it seemed to work great but lately it is so wrong with yardages I cant tell what my distances are. Today at the range (using 100% flight balls) I was chipping my 56 to a pin 48 yards away and the damn thing was telling me I was hitting it to 107 or 124 or 36 :(

I just put Looper on my phone that will give me yardages of every shot I hit on the golf course with what ever club I select I am using (real world data is better then driving range data!!!) I sent SC an email saying I either want a replacement (that I would sell on eBay) or a full refund. I hope they settle for the refund but Im not holding my breath...

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I played a tournament last month and nobody in the foursome had a range finder (for once). One dude had a wrist watch looking thing that gave him yardages but it would occasionally give some goofy number, as well. As for me, I've always paced things off so I was fine. It's like a lost art.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I haven’t had any experience with Swing Caddy.

My Garmin GPS watch has a shot tracking function for full shots during a round but it won’t (not meant to) pick up the softer shots like chipping and putting.

Just a thought to pass on. Perhaps it’s a common technology limitation when dealing with the softer shots like chipping.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
When I fist got it a couple months ago it seemed to work great but lately it is so wrong with yardages I cant tell what my distances are. Today at the range (using 100% flight balls) I was chipping my 56 to a pin 48 yards away and the damn thing was telling me I was hitting it to 107 or 124 or 36 :(

I just put Looper on my phone that will give me yardages of every shot I hit on the golf course with what ever club I select I am using (real world data is better then driving range data!!!) I sent SC an email saying I either want a replacement (that I would sell on eBay) or a full refund. I hope they settle for the refund but Im not holding my breath...
I've been using a Golf Buddy Voice but have run into a battery issue. Lately I've used the free version of 18 Birdies. It has GPS (overhead view), keeps your score and your stats.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
I am blessed with a good intrinsic rangefinder. Under 150 I am usually within a yard or two of the fancy meter. 150 to 200 within 5.

OP
Uncle Azzhole

Uncle Azzhole

Jack of all trades, azzhole in all of them...
Apr 30, 2018
Salem Oregon
Country
Well I got an RMA for it to be sent in for inspection... I was at the range again today and while hitting the driver I took it out to see what it would do. I was swinging at 107mph, ball speed of 155 and getting distances between 265 and 279 carry when hitting the center of the club face. I picked up another ball and when I hit it, it went normal distance but the SC200 said 148mph club speed, 218 ball speed and smash factor of 148 with a carry of 333 yards... :(

Im sending it back and hopefully they will give me a new one or a refund... I hate defective electronics!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Faulty electronics are a huge bummer, and crappy customer service regarding the product is even more aggrivating!! Hopefully you are able to reach a compromise with your SC2000.

I have a Garmin Approach G6 gps unit, which I find incredibly accurate, it's me who isn't so!! It also has a measuring feature that allows me to measure tee shots, approach shots etc. All after the fact mind you. I can also store those distances within the unit and then upload them onto my laptop. It's allowed me to build somewhat of a yardage sheet for my clubs. Based on average lengths.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.