• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

J-E-T-S

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
13? Sundin?

He'll come to Vancouver before he goes to Montreal! West coast baby!

Irish

May 9, 2007
he should have stayed retired..going to a 4-12 team... although they didn't make some moves in the offseason i still think people will be running all over them and Brett will take a licking...

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Sweet, the Pats get the Jets twice a year and they can use the padded INT stats with our new secondary. :D

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Brett's a good honest guy. Just has a hard time sorting out his career plans. He will be worth at least 3 more wins for you guys. hopefully two against the Patriots.:beach3:

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I personally would have stayed retired...bought a couple golf courses and tried to make the senior tour ;)

He is obviously playing because he loves playing, which i have to give props to after playing 17 seasons already. He is a good honest man that just wants to play ball, if he wanted the money he would have just taken the 20mil to stay home.

Hopefully Rodgers can be even half as successful as Favre was.

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
I don't get it. so is this a one shot deal for Brett? How long is he gonna play for this time. If its just for one season I don't see the point unless the Jetts make some major moves and ge better players to try and win it all this year if not I just don't get it, why would you want a guy for one year.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
What are the jets losing?

As far as i can tell from the news reports i have read, the only thing the jets are giving the pack is draft picks, and even then its only if Brett takes more than 50% snaps for the year. Anything below that and the Pack gets nothing...as far as i have read anyway

Irish

May 9, 2007
What are the jets losing?

As far as i can tell from the news reports i have read, the only thing the jets are giving the pack is draft picks, and even then its only if Brett takes more than 50% snaps for the year. Anything below that and the Pack gets nothing...as far as i have read anyway

a lot against the salary cap for starters...they aren't trading for him and paying him whatever million he makes after overspending on Faneca and Jenkins in the free agent

The terms of the pick: 1. currently a fourth rounder. 2. upgraded to 3rd if favre takes 50% of snaps. 3. upgraded to a second if favre takes 70%. 4. And this is why id do cartwheels: upgrades to a first rounder if favre takes 80% and the Jets MAKE IT TO THE SUPERBOWL..

effectively its a second round pick and a huge hit against their cap...a step in the wrong direction for the Jets and Green Bay will be happy enough with their 2nd round pick where they can grab a QB next year if Rodgers doesn't work out in what should be a decent enough QB class...

loftgolf

noob no more!
Jun 13, 2008
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I'd read that Green Bay offered him $20 million to stay retired. I love golf but if I was offered $20 million to never play it again, sign me up! :p

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I'd read that Green Bay offered him $20 million to stay retired. I love golf but if I was offered $20 million to never play it again, sign me up! :p
Yes, they did, thats why i said i have to give him props for how much he loves the game.

He already has millions and gets offered another 20 mil to stay retired and he gives it up to play ball with a losing team...there is only one explination for that...he REALLY loves football.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
If the Jets make playoffs I will laugh, oh how I will laugh.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.